Welcome

Options
grapeeyes1
grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
Welcome to the Charmed Ones. First off, everyone needs to go buy a charm bracelet. It does not need to be expensive. You can get one in the bead section at Joanne Fabrics for $4.00. Every time you lose 5 lbs, you get a charm. Watch that bracelet fill up!

This is going to be a fun group where we reward our accomplishments and help each other out. We work hard to get through this and its good to get that pat on the back. We also are always open to tips and such. Just a good circle of supportive friends.

Here's to many Charms!!!

Replies

• mtjaxx
    mtjaxx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great Minds think alike. I went and bought a Chamilla bracelet about a year ago, but the charms are expensive so I only bought one. I decied to make it into an incentive bracelet, I never take it off. For every 5 pounds under 300 lbs. I get a new charm. I am finally under 300 lbs. Only 1.7 pounds from my Pinnocio Charm. It says "Dreams really do come true." I has a wishing star on the other side with a blue stone. I can't wait to wear it.
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    Great Minds think alike. I went and bought a Chamilla bracelet about a year ago, but the charms are expensive so I only bought one. I decied to make it into an incentive bracelet, I never take it off. For every 5 pounds under 300 lbs. I get a new charm. I am finally under 300 lbs. Only 1.7 pounds from my Pinnocio Charm. It says "Dreams really do come true." I has a wishing star on the other side with a blue stone. I can't wait to wear it.

Oh that is great to hear. I started doing charms with my friend Reesie. They aren't expensive, but what a feeling of accomplishment when you get to add another charm!. I am finally under 300 and am so excited to be getting in shape.

Welcome to the group, we are happy to have you.
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to this group and making new friends!! Welcome everyone!! :smile:
  • Reesecup312
    Options

That is super that you made it under 300!! I was over 300 but lost about 5 pounds before doing my first weigh in on MFP. I know how it feels to get out of the 3's. You will have your charm before you know it!! Keep up the good work!!
  • flowerkim333
    Options
    I hope it's okay I joined too- I love this idea! I hope to be able to go get a bracelet this weekend- I do much better when I have little goals to work towards. I look forward to making new friends too- grapeeyes1 has been so kind to me! Have a good day all!!
  • KrystieNye
    KrystieNye Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    LOVE this idea. I'll be getting myself a bracelet (and my first charm...yay!) this weekend. :)
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    Everyone is welcome. I am very happy you guys joined. I would have sent an invite, but I am lazy. Lol, not really, just at work and hard to do.
  • Reesecup312
    Options
    I hope it's okay I joined too- I love this idea! I hope to be able to go get a bracelet this weekend- I do much better when I have little goals to work towards. I look forward to making new friends too- grapeeyes1 has been so kind to me! Have a good day all!!

Welcome!! Incentives and rewards always makes us feel like we accomplished something and helps keep us motivated too!! :happy:
  • Reesecup312
    Options
    Happy you are here too Krystie! :smile:
  • kristers03
    kristers03 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This is such a great idea!! I will be going out this weekend and buying myself a charm bracelet and 4 charms :) Can't wait to add more!!
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    Welcome Kristers! I need to catch up and get more charms!!!
  • KrystieNye
    Options
    I just wanted to let everyone know....if you are going to Michaels to buy a bracelet, or get charms...go to their website and click on "weekly ad". There is a 40% off coupon good on any one item. :)
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • Cinzil
    Cinzil Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi all. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. My name is Cindy and I plan on getting my charm bracelet tomorrow. I have a new puppy who is very active. I get lots of exercise chasing after him!!!:wink:
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    Welcome Cindy. I love puppies, but they are a lot of work. I have 2 grown dogs.
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I love this idea!!! I have the mini goals on my profile but they are small things like a pedicure and such, things that won't last but this bracelet will always serve as a reminder of my accomplishment! I have 110 lbs to lose so that would be 22 charms. Do you think that is too many?
  • aerinayden
    aerinayden Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi, I'm Aerin. Krystie encouraged me to join here and I really love the idea of a charm as a reward. I have a family charm bracelet that has been passed down from aunt to neice since WWI. Charms hold special meanings to me and I think the idea of a charm bracelet for every 5 lbs is a great idea and something to work towards! I can't wait this weekend to go out and get a bracelet to get started.
  • mtkautz
    mtkautz Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Michelle, I have about 50lbs that I want to lose in the long run! I have a pandora bracelet... I always get so much joy from getting a new charm! This is a great idea!
  • changemylifenow
    changemylifenow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site but not new to trying to loose weight. I did WW for the last 1.3 years and it worked but i needed something new (and FREE!) I started the braclet idea when I hit my 10%. I have a pandora bracelet and love it. I hope everyone does great.. WE can do it!
  • KrystieNye
    Options
    @underthecherrytree- 22 charms isn't too many. :) I have another 110 lbs. to lose, so I'll end up having quite a few myself!