knee pain

Options
Does anyone else have trouble with their knees? I feel like my knees start burning especially in the cardio recovery dvd and I can't hold the squat/lunge for very long. I make sure my knees are behind my toes and it still hurts! I think I've always had issues but never this bad. Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe I don't have the right kind of shoes?

Replies

• billyjoebob
    billyjoebob Posts: 72
    Options
    Do you have a mat you are exercising on? The sales guy convinced me to get the exercise mat and I am so glad I did, I think it's made all the difference in the world. You might need better shoes, but I don't know much about that. I always do Insanity barefoot.
  • braykay23
    braykay23 Posts: 28
    Options
    I think I'll try it barefoot and if that doesn't help then I'll get a mat! Thanks for the advice
  • billyjoebob
    billyjoebob Posts: 72
    Options
    I've been exercising at home barefoot for a year now. At first the arches of my feet were sore, but they got better after a week or two. I also got my husband to rub them and that helped quite a bit.
  • robinskv
    robinskv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I skip the jumping jacks because that is what seems to really hurt my knees the most. I just do mountain climbers instead and my knees feel better. I also take ibuprofin once in awhile if they get too bad.
  • bjnorvell
    bjnorvell Posts: 43
    Options
    I think I'll try it barefoot and if that doesn't help then I'll get a mat! Thanks for the advice

I do it barefoot to, it makes me shins hurt sometimes also. Are you using Cross-Trainer shoes?
  • bjnorvell
    bjnorvell Posts: 43
    Options
    Also maybe you should try some knee braces, I have problems out of my knees from PsA and wear them sometimes.
  • wendyjo3
    wendyjo3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I had a sore knee yesterday for the first time! It feels like it needs to 'pop' or something. I still did my Insanity yesterday and it feels a bit better today. I think just take it easy on the one (or two knees) until it is feeling better.