not sure if this would be day one of period

Options
so, i have not had a cycle since march and my doctor started me back on metformin starting the 6th. i looked today and by surprise there was something there. however i am not sure if this would be considered day one of period because it is not completly red. it has a brownish tint to it with slight red. i know this can be considered old blood but not sure if i should count this as day one. has anyone ever experienced this? according to my ovulation calandar i should be ovulating on the 21st but now this has came up any ideas?

Replies

• mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I know you probably don't use NFP, but those of us who do (makes it easier to learn our cycles) we don't count first day of unless there is light flow. We would call this spotting, unless the flow gets a little more steady. I would suggest you learn NFP, because it will be so very helpful in your journey with PCOS and helping you pin point what your body is doing.
  • jaimielee317
    Options
    I have always been told its not CD1 until there is a light flow. the brown stuff is just old blood and ur cycle trying to start.