So on Tuesday...

Options
toots99
toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
...Match is hosting a happy hour meet up event at a Bar & Grill near me. I will go, but I'll feel like a total dork going alone. I don't have many single friends, and the ones I do have, I don't think they'd go. Plus, I don't think I'd want any of them to go watch me try to meet guys!

Like I said, I definitely want to go, but wish I wasn't the anxious type.

<
I'll rock my red shoes and fake it till I make it. :laugh:

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    This sounds neat...

Red shoes are always confidence boosters!!!! (my hot pink ones do the same for me! :bigsmile: )
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good time to throw oneself out there! Have a good time and like you said - fake it til you make it. :drinker:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I think it is a good thing when you can meet people who are single and looking in person.
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    You're awesome for going!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    That's really scary!! :noway:

You are very brave and now my hero!! :flowerforyou:

Can't wait to hear how it went............
  • toots99
    Options
    It should be scary, but fun. :laugh: And what DM1983Z isn't mentioning is that he'll be there too! :laugh: Yep, I'm blowing his cover,,,we're going to be each others wingman, :laugh:
  • Silver180
    Silver180 Posts: 294
    Options
    Can't remember if it was Match or POF, but one of the two is hosting an event this weekend near me as well.

UNFORTUNATELY, the only confirmation replies are people who are 40-60. This is not a joke, this is depressing.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    It should be scary, but fun. :laugh: And what DM1983Z isn't mentioning is that he'll be there too! :laugh: Yep, I'm blowing his cover,,,we're going to be each others wingman, :laugh:

Awwww that's great!!! Its much nicer when you can have a friend around to lean on :flowerforyou: Have fun you two! :bigsmile:
  • toots99
    Options
    Can't remember if it was Match or POF, but one of the two is hosting an event this weekend near me as well.

UNFORTUNATELY, the only confirmation replies are people who are 40-60. This is not a joke, this is depressing.

Hopefully that's not the case here!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I would totally go by myself! Lol. I always feel more confident in my cowboy boots and a short dress/skirt.

Can you look and see if they're hosting an event near Biloxi/Gulfport soon? LOL
  • toots99
    Options
    I would totally go by myself! Lol. I always feel more confident in my cowboy boots and a short dress/skirt.

Can you look and see if they're hosting an event near Biloxi/Gulfport soon? LOL

It wouldn't come up on my match page, being I'm near Dallas. :laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    So how did it go Toots/DM?? :bigsmile:
  • toots99
    Options
    I wasn't able to go, I had to work. From what DM says, I didn't miss much. LOL
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I wasn't able to go, I had to work. From what DM says, I didn't miss much. LOL

Confirmed. I did get a number, but it wasn't a particularly gratifying experience. I am open to possibilities with the lady whose number I have.