Around the house Work out ideas

Options
smileupeople
smileupeople Posts: 8 Member
My name is crystal, I am a new member to mfp and have been trying to figure out work outs. I have been running, although since I am so out of shape, it doesn't last long but that will change.
I also have been doing aerobic steps, although I am burning calories, I want to burn more! But I do not have the equipment, hence the running and the steps.
I feel like my legs are jelly but my upper body has hardly been touched!
Any suggestions?
When I'm not at work I have my kids, so needs to be kid friendly, and can't cost anything, as to be honest I'm broke..

Replies

• eena56
    eena56 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Hi Crystal, and welcome to mfp! How about trying some workout videos online? You can find a lot of free stuff if you look. For example on www.bodyrock.tv. I have done some of those workouts. My baby loves it when I do Zumba workouts, she laughs and tries to join in :) Good luck!
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You can count a lot of the stuff you do around the house. Gardening, I know is one. Is vacuuming? Not sure. I count carrying my baby boy in his carrier and going for a walk, and it's surprising how much it burns. Dancing with the kids, if they are down for it?
  • bridget713
    bridget713 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello and Welcome! You can find lots of work outs online, I was able to find the first level of the 30 day shred on youtube. Also if you have cable there is usually a exercise/workout station...at least where I live there is. Otherwise I'd say use 3-5 lbs weights or if you don't have them and don't wanna spend the money (soup cans/bottles of water/ect. will work) and do squats with shoulder presses, lunges with curls, stand in a deep squat and do punches, ect. Good Luck!