Where did you find 1.25# weight plates?

Options
pinkita
pinkita Posts: 779 Member
I have one set, which came with the 300# set of weights I bought, but I can't find any 1.25# plates at the sporting goods stores around here. I checked Sears too, but the ones they have won't fit on my bar.

Thanks!

Replies

• mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I wish I could find them local, too. All I have are 2.5's.
  • valerieschram
    valerieschram Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have seen them on Amazon.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    i bought mine on amazon but you can actually use these very large washers you can get at a specialty hardware store or online - i have NO idea what they are used for but they have a 2 inch hole drilled in them and tend to weigh about 1.1-1.2 lbs (close enough right?)

I just got the ones on amazon though - they're about 9 dollars + 10 bucks shipping.
  • oldmanswife
    oldmanswife Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Try a used place, here ours is called Play it Again Sports.
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I bought these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QJ2ZOK/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

Whichever you get, remember to check the inside diameter. You'll need a 2" for it to fit on an Olympic bar.
  • pinkita
    Options
    I bought these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QJ2ZOK/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

Whichever you get, remember to check the inside diameter. You'll need a 2" for it to fit on an Olympic bar.

Thanks, I was JUST looking at those and was about to post the link too! :smile:
  • pinkita
    Options
    Well unfortunately I have to return these. They won't fit on my Wieder Olympic bar.
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Really? :(

I guess they must not be consistent with sizing. Mine came and the holes were 2 inches in diameter and fit fine, but I just noticed one review that said theirs were too small as well and they had to file some away for it to fit.
  • pinkita
    Options
    Really? :(

I guess they must not be consistent with sizing. Mine came and the holes were 2 inches in diameter and fit fine, but I just noticed one review that said theirs were too small as well and they had to file some away for it to fit.

I think the problem might be that my barbell has grooves on the ends instead of being smooth...? Oh well, the guy was nice about me asking for a refund so I'm sending them back.
  • dlr75
    dlr75 Posts: 1
    Options
    Bump. Need to check out link when I get home.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I bought a whole set of 4 different weight plate sets on ebay...it had free shipping and was just under $50.

Three of the plates did not fit the olympic bar. But the seller immediately sent replacements that fit fine. I used my food scale to make sure they weigh the correct amounts, and spot on!
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest Plate Mates - http://www.theplatemate.com/faqs.htm

I got a set of these just recently. They're basically weighted magnets. You stick them on the end plates on the barbell. I've even used them on the bottom of my kettlebells. As long as your weights/dumbells aren't rubber, they work great.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem and found them on Amazon. :) They didn't have the washers at Home Depot. Just be sure to do what others said and measure your bar.