The Shakes!

Options
So! This is Day 2 of the rest of my GF life, as the doc said I may be gluten intolerant and suggested cutting gluten from my diet.

It's now the evening of the second day, and I feel very shaky! I still ate a fair amount today (my diary is open for anyone who wants to see), mostly healthy, plus 1 choc bar (haha -- I checked and didn't see any gluten in the ingredient list!).

I'm just wondering if this shakiness is a "withdrawal" symptom, or completely unrelated?

Replies

• pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Yes, you're probably detoxing. I was headachy, shakey, irritable, tired, etc. for several weeks.
  • caro155
    caro155 Posts: 15
    Options
    WEEKS!? Yikes!!
  • dhencel
    dhencel Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have celiac disease and never had the shakes when I gave up gluten. But one of my side effects is anxiousness... I do take medicines for it.. I don't know if yours is related to your condition but I would check with the doctor....
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    You're probably in gluten withdrawal. Just stick with it, and it will pass, don't worry.
  • kristenlees122
    Options
    i dont remember any shakes... but i certainly had withdrawals lol
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hey - it sounds like withdrawal.

Are you only taking out gluten, or something else at the same time? Are you replacing the gluten with other carbs? If not you'd be detoxing from sugar as well.