Introduction

Options
jamaicanlady
jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
Hi my name is Tameika and I don't know how to say no to sweets. I'm starting this challenge to help motivate me and others to stay on track with our eating.

The challenge will begin **June 1**. Everyone starts with 100 points and while you can’t gain points, you lose points if you eat anything from the not recommended list. Your goal therefore is to keep as much of the 100 points as you can.

You will access a file which contains a list of foods from Google Docs (see link below). The foods are arranged in levels. You want to eat, as much as possible, foods from the top 2 levels. If you eat from the lower levels, you would subtract the required points from your current points. If you can’t find something on the list, just post it here and we’ll decide what level it should be in.

At the end of the day (or whenever is most appropriate for you), you would post your points here. You MUST post your points at the end of each week since this is a weekly challenge so we can see how each of us did. The points will be reset at the beginning of each week.

I’m hoping this challenge will force me to stay on the right path to good health. Please join me will you.

Food items link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SjxFseMNFBICBm71WZLQyMoYWZwj9RV4GCwhiCi6IU0/edit?pli=1

(If you want a nicer formatted document, just send me a message with your email address and I will forward it to you.)

Replies

• obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Is it 100 points a week, a day or month?
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Haha, I just opened the document.

I drink coffee at least 3x a week and tea the other days with milk and Splenda. We'll see how many points I end up with at the end of this!!!
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    @obum88 - 100 points a week.

@Erihppas - LOL...I don't know anything about coffee but looking at the sheet, if you have a cappucino with nonfat milk then you would only have to subtract points for the Splenda. But like I said, I don't know anything about coffee so I don't know if that would taste good or not.
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Oh...100 a week? That's awesome. I thought it was a month and I started getting nervous because I definitely still eat lots of meat. HAHA.

We'll see how I fare. I actually gave up a lot of that stuff, so I think I should be okay. :) Hopefully, this will be an additional reason to keeping away from breads, crackers, and junk.
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    @gonnabefitgirl - Yea, I thought a week was more reasonable. And for me, the challenge is to try each week to keep more points than the week before.
  • krythie
    krythie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi...Printed out the food file. This sounds like a great challenge, and I'm really excited to get started. I love sweets and carbs, way too much! Hard to say no- especially at work and at parties. I didn't see oranges on the list. Did I miss it somehow?
  • Lisnagry
    Lisnagry Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    - 29 already after just today that leaves me with 71 for the next six days!!!
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    @krythie - I almost missed it too. "Citrus fruits" is under level 1. And you and I have the same problem. I might not buy it for myself, but once I'm offered, I just can't say no. I'm TOO excited to get started also.

@Lisnagry - You started without us! LOL. Actually I'm starting the challenge on June 1 because I wanted to get as many people as possible on board, and also to give us enough time to write our shopping lists and do the shopping. The last time I created a challenge, persons complained that they didn't have enough time to get ready. Now no one can say that. But hey, get your practice on so come June 1, you'll be ready and rearing to go! I can't wait to start!
  • krythie
    Options
    Aha...citrus, of course.
  • Lisnagry
    Lisnagry Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Opps sorry!!! The challenge actually did stop me buying a diet soda today though so its working already!!!
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Opps sorry!!! The challenge actually did stop me buying a diet soda today though so its working already!!!

Yeah!! It's certainly letting me rethink stuff I usually buy...like ketchup...I'm gonna miss that.
  • krythie
    Options
    Am finishing off my last diet sodas this week. They're getting so expensive, it'll actually be a relief not to buy them anymore.
  • sweetiecake
    sweetiecake Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    hello i just downloaded and printed the list. oh my this will be a challange and i am up for it. i am not that good with computers so forgive me if i post my points wrong. i will try and work this out.
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    @krythie - I thought I was the only one trying to finish off stuff I have at home that I won't be able to eat for this challenge.

@sweetiecake - No problem. Looking forward to doing this challenge with you.
  • krythie
    Options
    Well, it's June 1st and since I work nights I already had some stuff to eat. I didn't eat much, but some of the stuff I ate caused me to lose points. This is an interesting challenge, because it's WHAT you eat, not necessarily HOW MUCH at one sitting. I only ate a small part of a chicken dish, but I had to subtract points just because I did eat part of it. Am I doing this right?
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Well, it's June 1st and since I work nights I already had some stuff to eat. I didn't eat much, but some of the stuff I ate caused me to lose points. This is an interesting challenge, because it's WHAT you eat, not necessarily HOW MUCH at one sitting. I only ate a small part of a chicken dish, but I had to subtract points just because I did eat part of it. Am I doing this right?

Absolutely. So we can't say "oh I just had a TINY piece of cake" because we'll still have to subtract 10 points. I love it!
  • joann852
    joann852 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    shoot!! I didn't even think about the creamer in my coffee! 10 points down and no more creamer.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Maybe I missed it, what about protein powder? I usually have a protein shake with water and ice and protein. Also, what about chickpeas? I eat them almost every day. They are very high in protein and low in fat.

I did check Michi's Ladder and it is not mentioned there either.

Help!!

p.s. Thanks for doing this. :flowerforyou:
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Maybe I missed it, what about protein powder? I usually have a protein shake with water and ice and protein. Also, what about chickpeas? I eat them almost every day. They are very high in protein and low in fat.

I did check Michi's Ladder and it is not mentioned there either.

Help!!

p.s. Thanks for doing this. :flowerforyou:

Chickpeas is under level 1. And I would put protein powder under level 2.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Thank you.