Belly bloat

Options
Meg_78
Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
Is anyone else finding with the über eating when bulking that the stomach bloat gets discouraging??? I know I am eating a lot, and eating late into the evening, but I can't wait to just maintain a while, by the end of the day my stomach looks so gross that it is scaring me....it makes me start to get fat anxieties...

<---- my tummy only looks like this first thing in the morning now....I can't wait to make it look better!

Replies

• RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    yeah, i go from having a super flat tummy in the morning to having a little "food baby" at night lol

once we're at maintenance level though we won't have to consume so much throughout the day
    i also wonder if working on some ab muscles will help hold the "food baby" in
  • Shawnjay75
    Shawnjay75 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have the pregnant looking belly all the time. I started wearing tummy control top when I want to wear something form fitting and I'm going out. Yesterday I wore a little tight black dress and did not wear a tummy control top...after dinner with my husband I looked 3 -4 months pregnant. :cry:
  • findingmyhappyplace
    findingmyhappyplace Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have been offered seats on public transport bc people think I am pregnant once I've eaten a couple of meals. It is getting better though, as my consistency of eating is improving. It's also about figuring out intolerances (which often come out when you increase your cals as you start eating higher quantities of foods - turns out I have really bad reactions to butternut squash and broccoli) and an eating schedule which works for you. I cannot eat 3 meals a day, or I look ridiculous, instead I eat 3 small meals and 5/6 snacks!
  • ijiiii
    ijiiii Posts: 61
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. The past two weeks that I've been eating a lot, I've been bloated pretty much all day every day, except mornings. It is annoying and discouraging, but knowing the fact I can lose it really quick helps out.

I think the problem is (for me anyways) I'm so out of shape and don't push my body to its limits, so any extra calories are sent to my belly instead of the rest of my body. So I'm now doing weight lifting to help push that fat elsewhere and help develop muscle and gain muscle weight instead of hideous belly fat.