Dealing with PTSD, and over coming it.

Options
My PTSD comes from syringe needles. I had an older kid tie me to a chair, leave me in a room, and poke me with his father's diabetic needles. I finally escaped when his father came home and he had to untie me. I didn't realize it until I got older, and started having nightmares and remembering it. I have always been deathly afraid of needles, and I believe that is why.

Replies

• maikastar
    maikastar Posts: 78
    Options
    Mine is caused by childhood abuse...which is hard, because the things that are triggery for me are things that can also happen "normally" but, I'm getting there.

This last few days have been really hard, not because of things that deliberately affected me, but I am still really shaky from what I had to see and hear.
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Mine is from sexual abuse that occurred in my childhood. I really just don't know how to cope with it. It still makes me extremely uncomfortable to be around tall men.
  • Sky_Of_Aegis
    Sky_Of_Aegis Posts: 114
    Options
    Very tough things to deal with. PTSD only brings forth panic attacks. Snake, if it helps you any, I am only 5' 6'' and not a fan of too many tall people myself. Especially since most seem arrogant that their height makes them invincible to those shorter than them. Best thing to do about that is to knock them down a few pegs, and sometimes literally knock them down :-) as for childhood abuse, that is also a tough thing to deal with. It fills me with hate knowing that such bad people still go on breathing, but at the same time, bliss that someday they will die. I believe in god, but even if that weren't the case, I would still believe in some kind of after life that awarded the good, and punished the wicked.
  • lcarter4414
    Options
    I have PTSD from a friend of mine taking his life in a violent way. IT sucks but I have learned some ways of coping with it. One of the ways I use is my dog. She's their no matter what. I think she is the best medicine now