fell off insanity wagon

Options
kungfugirlrox
kungfugirlrox Posts: 42 Member
So I kinda put my insanity journey on hiatus but I'm ready to go back. I did Week 2 twice and then did not do any workouts for five days. Just wondering if I should just go into Week 3 or re-start completely. My diet was good some days and awful on the others. I was thinking of just going into week 3. I don't think I have the motivationto restart all over again....any input would be appreciated:-)

Replies

• robinskv
    robinskv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you are doing something, you will be fine. Start in week 3. keep in mind that you won't have your fitness test for week 2 to refer to unless you do that before you begin week 3. Good luck and welcome back!
  • billyjoebob
    billyjoebob Posts: 72
    Options
    If you feel like you can't start over then start at week 3, it's still the same videos. Glad you are back!
  • bjnorvell
    bjnorvell Posts: 43
    Options
    I did something similar last week, I did week 3 twice :( I am starting week 4 today! Just start week 3 and dig deep, and just get back on track!
  • kungfugirlrox
    Options
    Started week 3 today. No fit test though. Will do that next time it comes around. I'm not really concerned about the fit test numbers as I am doing Insanity to lose inches and maybe gain more muscles. I have muscles but they are covered by a huge layer of fat lol...Hopefully, insanity will unleash or at least uncover some of them lol:-)
  • buenita
    buenita Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I fell off too. I wasn't sure where to start. So, I decided to start over. I just did the fit test tonight. I have been walking or running every day though, so I did better on my fit test, so that was nice to see. :) Good luck, we can do it!
  • jamkat
    jamkat Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    So, I didn't just fall off the Insanity wagon, I laid there while the damn thing ran over me! LOL

I give credit to professional athletes who still play through injuries. I'm more of the thinking that I'll just get back to something after all is well. Since my clumsiness resulted in a banged up knee earlier this month, I've only had a few PT workouts, no Insanity. Then when I was feeling better and told myself to get going again, it just didn't happen. Knee has finally completly healed so I'm going to start at the beginning with Insanity tomorrow morning. I guess I'll do the FIT Test again.

I got interested in others posting about the book New Rules of Lifting For Women. I bought it last weekend and I hope to read it this weekend and start that program next week. My plan is Insanity before work and the the gym after work on my lifting days. I'm going to take my measurements and pictures again tomorrow.

Also, I had a dexa scan done a couple weeks ago. The doctor recommended I read Wheat Belly and drop wheat from my diet. I'm slowly getting through the book but I cut out wheat and I lost 4 lbs in 5 days even though I didn't even exercise in that time! Never even felt hungry either!!

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • billyjoebob
    billyjoebob Posts: 72
    Options
    jamkat-I was thinking about reading that book as well, for future reference. I don't think I would want to try and do weights as well as Insanity, but when I'm done I do want to do something with weights. Did you re-start Insanity?
  • jamkat
    jamkat Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    hi billyjoebob - it's funny that you asked this because after reading most of NROL4W during Sunday and Monday I've had second thoughts about re-starting Insanity. I enjoy the workouts (at least after I'm done anyway) but a lifting program right now is what I need I believe. I've been focusing on circuit training and cardio for the past 2 yrs and haven't gotten very far in terms of building muscle and looking more tone. I think the 2 programs at once may hurt my recovery time, and the book explains it is during recovery that your muscles are rebuilding themselves, etc. I'll still work in some cardio just not Insanity style cardio.

So for now Shaun T will just have to wait for me because I'll be back. Muscles and all!
  • kungfugirlrox
    Options
    So my workouts been stalled again and it's getting too hot to do insanity.in my house lol. I was also thinking of lifting again. Maybe I would do a hybrid program with lifting and insanity, on separate days of course. It will take a lot longer to finish insanity but I think it might be doable. Any suggestions?
  • billyjoebob
    Options
    You could alternate days of lifting and Insanity. I know Insanity is mostly cardio, but it has definitely built my muscles.