Week One: Here we go!!

Options
2»

Replies

• jamiemonique
    Options
    So yesterday was bad, too busy house hunting and no time for a proper meal, so I ate McDonald's :( Today was our weekly Starbucks run and going there starving proved bad because I added a 400+ calorie oat fudge bar to my order. So I'm going to have a little over 200 calories for supper and possibly 200-300 calories gained from exercise. So I don't gorge myself again, what is a quick, easy, low-cal supper idea that can fill me up tonight? I don't have a ton of food at home so I may have to make a pit stop at the grocery store.

Definitely understand- it's tough to eat healthy when you're running around all day!

When I want to cook I'm totally good about pulling out pots and pans and all that jazz, but when I'm lazy I'm SUPER LAZY, so here's my lazy suggestion. I buy pre washed baby spinach, a bag of dried cranberries, a bag of some kind of chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans), a can of mandarin oranges, pre cut pre washed strawberries, pre cut apples, and maybe some pre cooked carved chicken breast. Just open a bunch of bags, pull out a can opener for the mandarin oranges, and throw them into a bowl. If you're generous with the fruits/veggies and skimp on the chicken (and get a healthy dressing- I like raspberry or citrus viniagrette), you'll be able to keep your meal well under 300 calories, and it'll be pretty filling.

Good luck- let us know what you end up doing!
  • aalpass
    aalpass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Today I have the resolve to eat well at every meal, making smart choices to stop the binge. Starting with breakie - porridge!

I'm making cookies with my 4yo this morning. I've given myself permission to have ONE! And I'm not allowed to eat the batter (my biggest weakness).

I'm not going to give you all permission to kick my butt if I fail because I will not fail.

I'll keep you posted.
  • Lee716
    Lee716 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

Week one is going alright. My biggest issue is not having the motivation to hit the gym. I realized my odds of working out are greater if I go right after work. So I decided to pack my gym items in a bag to take with me in the morning. Wish me luck tomorrow. Gotta get the procrastination monkey off my back.

I hope everyone else is doing well and staying under their calorie goal.

#Team No Excuses
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear everyone's progress thus far. No one said it was going to be easy, but I think this group allows us to use each other as a support to make sure we don't fall back into bad habits.

Day 3 started off slow, I honestly did not think I was going to find the motivation to workout. But after doing Insanity for 9 days already I would not have been able to live with myself if I gave up after going for over a week. Also having my younger (and very skinny) sister as my main source of motivation and inspiration I think it helps because I ended up burning 551 cals during our hour walk tonight. So needless to say I am glad that somewhere inside I was able to find the motivation to work up a sweat today.

If anyone needs some additional support, I do not consider myself an expert on fitness by any means, but I am available as an extra ear to listen or source of motivation (which ever you need at the time). Feel free to send me a message.

Also I would like to know what exercises is everyone doing??? I would really like to blast my love handles for the summer and have yet to see any results... does anyone have any suggestions for me???

Thanks everyone!!!
  • aalpass
    aalpass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    So not quite as successful as hoping re: cookie making with my daughter. I did eat way more than anticipated... it was yum but i basically substituted meals for cookie lol not exactly good but i stayed within my calorie intake. I feel over sugared and am ending my day with green mint tea.

I fear tomorrow at work, Australia's biggest morning tea. I'm hoping it requires a gold coin donation because I've just given all my coins to my daughter.

The weekend is always easier. At work = planned meals + gym!
  • SGRHO23
    SGRHO23 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have resisted drinking cokes. Cokes are my weakness. I am trying to cut down on the number I drink.
  • aggibridges
    aggibridges Posts: 17
    Options
    @aggibridges- I'm actually a competitive powerlifter, so I have set days where I train for either upper body or lower body, and also train for either absolute strength or speed strength. It's so much fun!! It's structured enough to where I don't stand in the gym looking around thinking "okay now what should I do?" but allows for enough flexibility so that I'm not bored doing the same thing over and over again. Bummer about the injury though!! Did it happen recently? Is there any way you can train around it until your body recovers?

Gosh, that's awesome!!! I'm so jealous, that's pretty a kickass thing to do! And nope, a couple months ago :( The problem isn't the injury itself, the problem is that I have a genetic condition characterized by weak joints (I don't know too much about it, but both my parents are doctors and they heavily discourage me going overboard with weightlifting), so it's not recommendable I lift weights unsupervised period. I'm waiting until my university schedule loosens up a bit and I can go to a clinic with a trainer so I don't pop something out of its socket again x_x