from or near ann arbor!

Options
I'm looking for MFP friends near ann arbor to work out with or just keep in contact with!
I've lived here for about 2 years and its impossible not to stay active here! I'm doing well so far and i love running the river trail!!!

21492984.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm just a bit south of you in Monroe. I worked in Ann Arbor for about 6 years...it's a pretty great place.
    Add if you like:)
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    we live in jackson, feel free to add
  • camjam89
    camjam89 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a grad student and work at UM. Feel free to add me!
  • jasperann
    jasperann Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I go to a bootcamp in Ann Arbor. It is through Rec and Ed and Pete Thomas from the Biggest loser coaches it. A new session is starting on June 5th. It is tons of fun and LOTS of great people! =D You should check it out. They run in the Arb in the Summer on Saturday mornings too.
  • mokpochica
    mokpochica Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in Ann Arbor. I'm going to drop in at that boot camp one of these days. For now, I'm just running. I run 3 miles everyday, but more on the weekend. I'm training for the Dexter Ann Arbor 10K
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I grew up in A2 and live in Saline. Feel free to add me!

The trails along the river are great for running. Nice loop starting in Bird Hills down through Longshore. Bring a partner or a dog though
  • fearlesskate
    fearlesskate Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in Dundee about 1/2 hour south! I frequent Ann Arbor for long runs and writing my thesis in local coffee shops! Feel free to add me :)

Also, any interest in starting an Ann Arbor group? My bff loves her Denver group and I'm a little jealous of her massive support system on MFP from Denver!!
  • rwozzie
    rwozzie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a bit east of Ann Arbor, but I was just there yesterday kayaking on the Huron river. Have you tried kayaking the new cascades yet? They are so much fun! Feel free to add me if you like!
  • jasperann
    jasperann Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies. This was advertised on Facebook this morning and I thought I would share it here for you guys that might be interested. I honestly LOVE this bootcamp! Great people and a hard work out.

Pete Thomas' Summer series of Slim U Bootcamps start next week! Sign up today to take your fitness to another level or lose weight or both. Win cash and prizes in the weight loss competition. See the link-- http://bit.ly/IhhgEb for more details.
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Live on the west side of Ann Arbor. Not a runner, but there are so many things to keep you active around here. Feel free to add me.
  • mokpochica
    Options
    jasperann--I was planning to sign up for the bootcamp, but the best I can do is drop in on some sessions. My husband is studying for the Bar exam and I don't have child care on Tu and Th. One of my high school friends and his wife are both involved in the boot camp too. You probably know them.
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hey folks,

I'm a little late to this conversation, but I work in Ann Arbor and live a little southwest of town. I'm a noobie runner, having done the C25K program last summer. Made a lot of progress, but then had to take about six months off due to an injury (only indirectly related to running), but got back into the routine again a couple months ago. Glad to hear the references to the river trail -- I've walked it in past years, but haven't thought to go running on it 'til now!
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    With summer here, anyone else play tennis?
  • mokpochica
    Options
    I love playing tennis, but I rarely get out to do it.
  • mbojan2
    mbojan2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I live in A2
  • janetaallen
    Options
    Saline here!
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I live in Brooklyn....just under an hour from ann arbor...we go there often for medical care at the VA for hubby
  • samerzz16
    Options
    I come to A2 all the time to study....Im from Canton
  • WifeyCarion
    Options
    Hey, I'm about an hour away from you in Sterling Heights, but feel free to add for extra support :)
  • thundercat011
    Options
    Sorry - Just saw this :) At the moment I have a personal trainer to whip my *kitten* into gear so I can get back on track. I hope to start crossfit in the near future now that I'm feeling a lot stronger/capable.