Introduce Ourselves

Options
2»

Replies

• sweetnthecity
    sweetnthecity Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    My name is Steph and I live in Burleigh Falls Ontario...its so small I dont even know if we are on the map..lol
    I have 4 daughters, one who is graduating from college today! another one who will graduate from college in Jan, one that will start college in Sept and my baby who is finishing up her first year of high school. My screen name.....I used to chat online alllll the time and this was my screen name...when I joined here, I thought I would use it that way I wouldnt forget it..lol

My goal is to be under 200 pds before my 40th birthday, which is just under a year away now ...that would mean a pound and a bit a week...i think as long as i do my best to stick to my exercise then I should come very close to my goal!

Im happy to be apart of this group it helps me so much!
  • grapeeyes1
    grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Welcome Steph! Its great to know you. I know you will be under 200 by your Birthday! I have the same goal, and it gives me about a year too.
  • Cinzil
    Cinzil Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi Step,
    Welcome! My grandmother was born in Montreal many years ago. Therefore, I do have French Canadian heritage. I am also just plain French and Italian. Congratulations to your daughter on graduating from college.

I too am working on getting under 200. I am not far from it, but I've haven't managed to get below it yet. Once I get below that point, I'll have another 75 pounds to lose. This is a great group of gals. Everyone is very supportive of each other. I'm still working on earning my first charm. Hopefully, I'll be able to earn it by the end of June.
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    You will do it Cinzil, I know it!
  • sweetnthecity
    sweetnthecity Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can do it! The way I look at it is...if I can get up off the couch and lose weight...anyone can!.....I always thought I was the one person in the world that couldnt lose weight, and what I realize now is that I never tried to lose weight, I just sat and thought about how big I was and did nothing about it, well that has changed and I havent sat and felt bad for myself since starting here. The thing I have noticed the most is when shopping, instead of just throwing what I want into the cart, I check the calorie count first and if it is way too high, I just dont buy it. I was shopping yesterday at Walmart and grabbed a box of those mini ritz with cheese, which was always one of my most favorite snacks, I actcually grabbed two boxes cuz they were on sale..lol but once i read the calorie count OMG! it was crazy so I put them back...lol I never realized how many calories I was putting into my body on a daily basis...I eat what I want...just in smaller doses, i try to chose the food with few calories...I have not had a hamburger in over a month, we now eat turkey burgers or chicken burgers, the family does not seem to mind them they just load them up like it was a real burger and pretend..lol
    Everyone here is doing such a great job and you all inspire me...I keep going on a daily basis just so I can post it and make sure Im under my calories....and I want to celebrate with a big piece of chocolate cake!..lol
  • deb_109
    deb_109 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I'm Debbie I live in Toronto Canada. I'm 46 soon to be 47 . I have two grown children both in
    colledge. I look forward to cheering you on in this journey to be fit and healthy.
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I'm Debbie I live in Toronto Canada. I'm 46 soon to be 47 . I have two grown children both in
    colledge. I look forward to cheering you on in this journey to be fit and healthy.

Hey, you are in this journey with us! We will be cheering you on as well!
  • deb_109
    deb_109 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks Holly