Working Out at Disney Resorts

Options
andrea9873
andrea9873 Posts: 171 Member
Hi everyone! In prep for our quick trip this November, I wanted to get an idea of how you all plan to stay on top of your workouts. My husband and I registered to run the Animal Kingdom 5K early the morning of the 10th. Besides that run and all the walking we will do, I want to make sure I continue my strength workouts, but not spend too much time in the gym, what kind of workouts can I fit in? < 30 mins per day.

Replies

• andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness- walking around the parks!
    Where are you staying? We had several pools at our hotel (Pop Century) that you could get some good swimming in on, each hotel was four stories with stairs (climb the stairs), and there was a large enough area to get walking in around the resort.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Depends where we stay. In July we'll be at the beach clubs and November we'll be at animal kingdom lodge.bwe have access to a gym. My understanding only deluxe resorts have gyms. You can always bring bands and do a routine in your room. I personally don't worry about getting in my regular workouts if it's a quick trip. My hubby and I get up an hr before the kids to get runs in around the resorts. (we have an older daughter that stays with the younger two) plus we get in tons of walking in the parks with afternoon breaks in the pool. Have fun on your trip.
  • andrea9873
    andrea9873 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    We are staying in Kidani Village!!! So we'll be neighbors :) we're there the 8 - 12 November! Hubby and I will likely do the same get up an hour before the sleepyheads!

You are going to love how close you are to Epcot and Hollywood Studios while at BCV.