Warrior Dash?

Options
pmkelly409
pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
Did anyone complete the Warrior Dash this weekend? I would love to hear all about it - I missed it this year but it is a definite goal for next year!!

Replies

• sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I did it, actually. :-) First time. I learned that if you care about your time, the best bet is to run in the first wave. I was just in the send one, and I caught up to some first wavers and had to wait at a few obstacles.

Results vary, from 19 minutes for the top male to over two hours. Results for Saturday (by age group) below. The oldest entrant was 87 years old, and he had a phenomenal time: 35:30.40. There were 809 women in the 40-49 category.

http://warriordash.com/results/2012_Maryland_Sat_AG.htm
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Were the obstacles hard? I was looking on the website and some of them seem pretty "boot-camp" intense and scary (jumping over fire) Just wondering if I should train differently for it or not. I heard somebody say they added more obstacles this year, did you hear anyone talking about that? looks like a great time, I am so sorry I missed it!!
  • MDSwift83
    MDSwift83 Posts: 3
    Options
    I also did the Warrior Dash, first time for me as well. I had a blast! I did one of the later waves because I signed up late but still had fun. Felt like I practically sprinted through most of the first mile to get through most of the big group and didn't have much of a wait for obstacles. The tarp slide was out of commission due to someone getting hurt at the bottom. Otherwise no complaints. I had a blast and have actually signed up for the Rebel Run on July 7th and the Tough Mudder in September!! Keeps me motivated to run and workout.