quite discouraged

Options
lkcuts
lkcuts Posts: 224
6 weeks ago I started mfp and each day I log no matter what. Every time I close out the day it will say that if I continue to eat this way I will be 10-15 pounds lighter in 5 weeks. It has not happened. At first I dropped 14 pounds, gained 2 now I am holding there with no more weight loss. Some days My joints hurt so bad that I still log small excerise like moderate cleaning, etc. but I am very lax on the excerise. Is it possible to lose weight Without excerise? I hate it, its boring and sometimes after I do it on the days I feel good, I pay for it for the next three days. I have went back to my earlier diary to see what I ate to lose at the beginning,and in reality, I ate worse things than I do now, but logged around my calories. In 6 weeks I think I went over my calories twice. I also drink gallons of water, It goes with me everywhere.
I have tried watching the sugar,no loss. Actually I lost more when I went over in my protien and fat.
I am at my wits end about to give up.. I need this weight off so my joints will feel better. If this is to be long term,I can't see me depriving myself of the things I love to eat, I have tweeked them to light breads, whole grains , more fresh veggies etc. When I want something sweet, I eat it in moderation and log it.
Need some suggestions.. and I guess friends to help me. I started with a girl at work, but she gave up too. According to this plan as long as you stay in your calorie range you should lose.. Right? Not happening.. I am 59 and life is too short to get stressed out about it. The only way I have ever lost weight before was diet pills or efedra and not eat. they took efedra off the market and to tell you the truth i don't think my stomach could handle it any more. HELP!:brokenheart: :cry: