Tuesdays Life Challenge 5/22

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Food, exercise and lifestyle.....what is your philosphy? No, no, no, I dont mean Jillian Michaels, Dr. Oz or the Zone diet or Anti-Infalmmatory diet but YOU! What is your philosphy on a healthy lifestyle? Now you may incorporate these folks ideas into yours but most folks are not totalitarian. What is the ideals you can live with for life and help you stay healthy emotionally and physically?! This is vital becasue this will frame your outlook and how long you stay on the path. You can tweak your philosophy...most of us do but the core of it. I challenge you to develop it and see how a way of living is good for you. If you have one already then share if you please.

Peace,
WW

Replies

• yolste07
    yolste07 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I truly enjoy your challenges, they make me think, I have kinda incorporated a piece of this person's ideas and that person to get what works for me when I do it. I find that I have a glow about myself when I juice or make smoothies using fruit, veggies and water, I do not add juices in my smoothies I also add flex seed oil and a protein powder and sometimes will cut up a piece of fresh ginger. Also when I make my plate with more veggies I do not feel as bloated and of course adding the exercise in I do not like doing them but once I do I feel 100% better (yoga relaxes my entire body I do not do this as often as I should) These few things I can find myself doing for life.
  • AshRyd
    AshRyd Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    mine is simple - live more!

I was having a conversation with a co-worker and he was surprised that I (at the age of 40) have never been on an airplane. I said there is so much to see and do on the ground in the good ol' USA that I don't want to fly over the top of everything and miss it! Then I suddenly realized -- i never left the ground and I still missed it because I never went anywhere or did anything -- i just sat and got fat in my chair!!!

Started immediately ---- weekends are now spent with the kids on road trips, trails, hikes, picnics, playgrounds, zoo, camping, lakes, BBQ's, museums, carnivals, fairs, caves, tunnels, train tracks, baseball games ---- city parks, state parks, national parks!!! --- we pack a cooler of good food, change of clothes and a tent and take off! Drew a circle on the map with our town as the center and started finding everything!!!!!
  • Coliepie717
    Coliepie717 Posts: 21
    Options
    Well my first thing is that I have cut back on the junk, but not totally cut it becasue. I have done this becasue if I totally forbid myself from having something, it makes me want it more and then when I do have it, I go crazy!!! So splurging once in a while is better for me. Also I have started making time for ME, rather than worrying about everyone else all the time. In turn, this has helped me slow down and enjoy the time I spend with my husband.
  • tickleandslapp
    tickleandslapp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This challenge actually brought tears to my eyes.. happy ones! because I came from a very dark depression that lasted for many years.. and in those years I put on a tremendous amount of weight. I hated it, but just didn't care anymore.. for that time I had given up and it showed!!!.!.. I wanted more from my life.. I knew this was NOT how things were suppose to turn out for me!.. No Way! Yes, my Plan A was an epic fail! (if you wanna make God laugh.. make a plan! lol) and I got trapped in that failure. I was stuck.. Oh ma gosh.. for sooo long I was just STUCK!!! Then I visited my brother in Hawaii.. and knew this was the place I belonged. Didn't know how to make it happen..but I visualized everything about it... the job I wanted, where I'd live, activities, etc.I just kept working at it..trying to figure out a way to make it happen... It took 4 years.. but it did!! EVERYTHING.. The life I dreamed of came true. And the way everything happened ..there is no doubt that this is what God wanted for me all along.. Now I had the life I wanted.. Now I was happy on the inside.. and it showed through my eyes, my smile, my constant laughter!!..but I was still incredibly unhealthy.. I began exercising more....and I had lost some weight..but nowhere near what I needed to.. I had very bad habits..unhealthy eating, drinking too many surgary girlie foo foo umbrella drinks on the weekends.... , I was even a smoker!! (gasp!!), For a long time the weight just stayed where it was.. Then one day while out with my brother I was looking to buy a Stand Up Paddle Board.. but because of my weight I was basically gonna have to buy a door to float me... A big door!! lol.. Nooo. that's just not gonna happen. . Well that day something snapped in me.. just as before.. I started visualizing again.. The way I used to look before things went wrong. I was HOT..in shape, athletic..I want to look and feel like that again!! . I'm happy now.. my inners and outers don't match!! THEY NEED TO MATCH GOSH DARN IT!!!! Sooo.. I made some drastic changes in my lifestyle.. Changed my bad habits for good ones! And the weight is coming off.. I feel amazing! A little more than a year ago I wouldn't have been able to fit into a outrigger canoe.. and now I race 'em!! It's so awesome! Well.. I decided at 100lbs lost..I would buy myself a standup paddle board..and now I'm just 10lbs away from it ..Already got it picked out..and it's a lot smaller than that door! hee hee.
    Soo... my life challenge is to grow from failure.. visualize what it is that you really want your life to be and do what it takes to make it happen. Hope, Faith, Perserverance & Patience. Love yourself and KNOW that you deserve to be Happy & Healthy. And if anybody who is reading this just so happens to be in that dark place that I once was.. A big warm hug to you..I know it's hard to see it, .but there is so much out there waiting for you..soo do what cha gotta do.. and go get yourself some of that HAPPY!
    Mahalo Nui Loa for reading. :flowerforyou:
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    YOU guys ROCK!!!!!! YOU all have inspired me so much! WOW!!!!!! I don't even know what esle to say but thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou: