It's like Im in 8th grade!

Options
BondBomb
BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
I went on a date a few weeks ago with a guy from my gym. It was nice. We actually had a lot of fun. But as the weeks have gone by he is killing me with the text messages and phone calls. The more he calls and texts the more I am annoyed. At the gym every day he tells me I am beautiful and gorgeous. Great but that is ALL he ever says to me. Or he will try to touch my hair. I don't know it is just coming off as creepy. Not to mention he is constantly mentioning how he wants another child. Today I told him he should have one but it wouldn't be with me since I don't want anymore children. But it was like he didn't even hear me. I have gotten to the point where I don't even want a second date because he is just way too into me for someone that hardly knows me. Am I being overly cautious? My ex husband ran super hot like that. And then out of nowhere it was gone.
And honestly I haven't dated much since I got divorced. I want to be single and enjoy dating for a bit.
Now for the 8th grade part. There is the most beautiful man I have ever seen at my gym. He kinda started flirting with me and all I could think was ' here we go again'. The gym is my sanctuary. I don't want to give that up but damn he is hot!
Lol ok thanks for reading this....write back soon kk?? Your BFF to the max BB..aka Mrs. LeBon.....yeah I was a huge Duran Duran fan in jr high.

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I definitely get a weird vibe...sounds like a "nice guy" who thinks you like getting all of these messages, and flatters you by saying he wants you to have his child. And you haven't even gone out on a second date?? Crazy-town population him! It might be awkward at the gym but I don't think it will be that bad!

And how do you meet people at the gym? I am curious!!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    1) Your first date was a few WEEKS ago and there's still been no second date? Get out.
    2) HE'S TALKING ABOUT CHILDREN BEFORE YOU'VE GONE ON A SECOND DATE. Get. Out.
    3) He's willfully ignoring you expressing your own thoughts and concerns. Get out.
    4) Me personally, I just don't trust guys that are over complimentary in a very bland way (For example, telling me I have lovely eyebrows is more genuine then "You're so gorgeous" constantly).

I'd get the hell out.

Hit up the new guy though. Don't let one bad experience tarnish the whole situation for you.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    He is Hungry Like The Wolf for another date with you (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxX1KiodjJY).

Here's the deal: if you wanted to go out with him again, it would have happened by now. Guy needs to get clue. Did you say in no uncertain terms that there will be no second date and for him to stop contacting you under all circumstances? Often times, guys need to hear it clearly and explicitly.

Yes, and I guess it looks like there's another person you are interested in. Go for it!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Dump clingy guy, flirt with Mr. beautiful man, research other gyms in the area. Have fun!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    There are red flags and your gut is telling you.. so LISTEN!!
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    1) Your first date was a few WEEKS ago and there's still been no second date? Get out.
    2) HE'S TALKING ABOUT CHILDREN BEFORE YOU'VE GONE ON A SECOND DATE. Get. Out.
    3) He's willfully ignoring you expressing your own thoughts and concerns. Get out.
    4) Me personally, I just don't trust guys that are over complimentary in a very bland way (For example, telling me I have lovely eyebrows is more genuine then "You're so gorgeous" constantly).

I'd get the hell out.

Hit up the new guy though. Don't let one bad experience tarnish the whole situation for you.

This ^^^^ RUN!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I definitely get a weird vibe...sounds like a "nice guy" who thinks you like getting all of these messages, and flatters you by saying he wants you to have his child. And you haven't even gone out on a second date?? Crazy-town population him! It might be awkward at the gym but I don't think it will be that bad!

And how do you meet people at the gym? I am curious!!

They approach and talk. Simple. Try it. :)
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Your a gorgeous woman so I would want to have a kid with you too or at least practice.

But the reason he just complements you all the time without any conversation is that he lacks the ability to do so.
    tell him you are interested in a man who has great conversation and the ability to stimulat Your mind
    and that you find him intellectually lacking. It will crush his ego and he will probably leave you alone.

At my gym I've seen at least a 1/2 doz gym romances flame out, including one I was in, and the woman is always the
    one who stops coming. So just start pricing new gyms if you go down that road.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Next time he tries to touch your hair (creepy hahahaha):

"I WHIP MAH HAIR BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MAH HAIR BACK AND FORTH!"
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Next time he tries to touch your hair (creepy hahahaha):

"I WHIP MAH HAIR BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MAH HAIR BACK AND FORTH!"

hahahaha

I like you!!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I really want to let him down in a nice way. He is a nice guy. I'm just not in the same mindset.