Finding Time between gameing and Real life for excerise

Options
I have set times i play Wow, and certain times I'm not on it, and doing the real life thing. a couple of hours on the game, then time off.. later on in the day I go back on for a bit. I do try and get on the stationary bike and some dumb bell time in along with some light house work and errands ran.

Replies

• west200
    west200 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    As of recently, I have been playing strictly on the weekends because of real life things. On the weekends, my boyfriend and I both play, so we always find it difficult to set time aside. to exercise and eat right. When we do set time aside, one of us usually runs over the allotted time, and we skip our exercise or cooking (not good). To get us up and moving, it usually takes a server crash. :( We are working on breaking this habit by walking before we go to bed or as soon as we wake up. Another aspect I work on is doing sit ups, squats, lunges, and crunches while I wait for ques or group formation instead of sitting there reading mind numbing trade chat.
  • Lin806
    Lin806 Posts: 20
    Options
    we have set times too, and when we aren't playing.. sometimes we'll work outside in the flower bed or in the vegetable garden. we both use the stationary bike right after we do our morning game time. in the afternoons, I usually do some light areobics or use my little 5 pound dumb bells.. Evening after supper we watch tv, then game time for a hour or so. Still working on getting more walking in. I've got some foot issues, so i'm in alot of pain for the most part, but when i'm able i do try and get those walks in,
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Lately I don't play much other than my late-night weekend raid, so that helps. But I know when I was in the game all the time, it very rarely crossed my mind that I ought to be doing something more productive or healthy. Saturday afternoon I made sure I got my exercise tape done after I got up and around, and well before raid. I think that's going to become a routine thing, and maybe Sunday as well (we had company and my husband was cleaning the living room yesterday afternoon, so it was a little congested). The tricky thing I came across was finding and/or avoiding raid snacks! I did well both nights, though. This was the first week we had a full raid since I've been tracking, so we'll see how it goes in the future.
  • Lin806
    Lin806 Posts: 20
    Options
    haven't done raids in ages. if i do, its mainly pug ones and they are those dragon soul ones.. fast and easy.. but i am finding time to do more around the house than sit in front of the pc and munch. trying to get out more, even its just for short walks, I'm doing good. snacks for me consists of baby carrots and celery. I love those.