INSANITY WORKOUT

Options
Hey,

I've just bought the Insanity workout on DVD due to the excellent reviews online. Has anybody tried or completed the challenge?

I've heard it is the hardest workout to hit DVD and really does require self-determination.

Anyway hoping to start next week.

Marc

Replies

• Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi Marc,

I have got it, I am on Day 4. It is very difficult, and I got it for the same reason the reviews and results.

You definately need determination to do it, and I thought I was pretty fit til I started this. It makes you work hard, you`ll definately need to take more breaks to start with. But just keep diggin deep, the workouts are only 40 mins long including water breaks.

You need to make sure its really what you want to do and push yourself. Just go for it and remember dont give up. When your struggling just take a break take on board some water and continue.

Marie
  • MarcJames87
    MarcJames87 Posts: 46
    Options
    Thanks Marie! The parcel arrived today so I think I will start tomorrow and let you know how I get on. :-)
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Jsut remember the 6th day is rest day, so I would decide when you want a break from it I chose Sunday as my rest day.

The fit test will probably make you think how unfit you are, just keep going with it
  • New_Keeley
    New_Keeley Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at buying these.....do you need a lot of space? I know there's lots of jumping but do you need lots of space around you? May be a random question but I've seen it on eBay and the seller is selling due to lack of space to complete the workouts.... Seemed odd for something that's designed to be used at home.....

Thanks
  • MarcJames87
    Options
    To be honest yes you do need a fair amount of room, I'm currently doing the workout on a gym mat in the kitchen.

I would say as long as you can lay your body down in all directions without hitting anything then you should be fine as it does include quite a lot of jumping around from side to side etc.

I'm currently on day two and yes it is difficult but if you stay dedicated then it should get easier.
  • sarsaparilla1
    Options
    Hi! I'm doing back to back workouts of P90x and Turbofire. Starting my round 2 of P90x in early June. There's a group of people blogging their Insanity/P90x journey. Quite a few people there have completed Insanity.

http://www.p90xukusers.co.uk/
  • MarcJames87
    Options
    Thanks for that will take a look :-)
  • LoopyLaura68
    LoopyLaura68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    i'm doing a HHA/Insanity hybrid.i completed 30 days of HHA,had done some insanity but found it too hard for me.so am combining the 2.i'm a member of this group set, up by my husband, he's an Insaniac.he's completed his first round of Insanity & waiting for his t shirt.he's starting a second round of it on monday,before doing the Asylum volume 1:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4787-beachbody-uk