Favorite blogs/sites for a pro feminist view point.

Options
Discoveri
Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
What are your favorite places to check out on the web for interesting feminist articles/news/view points? I have a few that I really enjoy but I check out jezebel.com most often.

Replies

• ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I stopped reading Jezebel; it seems to have an identity crisis where one article will be super-feminist and the next will be completely misogynistic. I like feministing.com, feministe.us, and thefword.org.uk (which primarily deals with stuff in the UK, so kind of nice to see something different).
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    http://vagendamag.blogspot.co.uk/ - I love this! Some blogs I disagree with, but most of the time, they are bang on.

Also, on youtube, there is a girl with the username lacigreen. Look her up! She has an awesome view on the world and is a very feminist speaker. I actually learned through her pointing it out that I was ashamed of my breasts - they were too large and needed to be covered up otherwise I would offend people. She's awesome!
  • justaspringhaze
    Options
    i LOVE Shakesville for more serious/advanced feminist dicussion, and Femisiting and Jezebel for more fun. I also love Tiger Beatdown, Colorlines, and Persephone.
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    Bust and ***** Magazine are my paper standbys, and I enjoy Bust's blog from my phone. A lot is very pop culture focused, but that's fine-- I can tune that out.
  • kabbit42
    kabbit42 Posts: 85
    Options
    Besides a few mentioned here I really love ontd_political. I have been a livejournal junkie since I was 12 and I really love the conversation on there.
  • reactor25
    reactor25 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bump for later