Looking for suggestions

Options
bp716
bp716 Posts: 68 Member
Hi, I am new to MFP, walking and Leslie- but I found a small clip on line and really enjoyed it. I am looking for suggestions for beginner/ intermediate walking dvds- I was a bit overwhelmed looking at some of the websites trying to figure out what is right for me. i am 54, in lousy shape with 70 ish lbs to lose.
Thanks for the input, and eager to start racking up the miles, Barb

Replies

• beckyard
    beckyard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Here's a site with all of them listed in categories (beginners, intermediate and advanced)

http://www.lesliesansonevideos.com/
  • tinchick
    tinchick Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I started with 5 Day Slim Down - A Mile Each Morning and I would definitely recommend it, especially if you are a beginner. It is broken up into a warm-up, a cool down, and 5 separate miles, each focusing on a different part of the body. I like it because you can choose how many miles that you want to do and since the warm-up/cool down is separate, you can easily track how many calories that you burned on MFP. Some of her other DVDs have the warm-up as part of the first mile, so I have to guesstimate how fast I am walking.
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started with the basic Walk Away the Pounds Express (I think it's called "The Ultimate Collection), the dvd had 1, 2, 3, and 4 mile sessions. When I started I could barely finish 1 mile. It's a GREAT dvd to have because as you progress you can move on to the next one (and it comes with a toning band for the 2 and 3 mile walks). Good luck!
  • semeiks
    semeiks Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new to my fitness pal too and also need to lose about 70 lb. My favorite Leslie Sansone DVD is the "Walk Away the Pounds - Ultimate Collection". There are four walks and you can add upper body strengthening with them. It comes with the stretchie band.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Walk With Me is one of the most beginner level Leslie's. It's 1 mile and takes about 25 minutes, there is a video clip at totalfitnessdvds.com .... the price is very reasonable.

A Leslie "primer" if you will.

Walk Away the Pounds - are made for VHS. Many good workouts here, but the DVD versions are not chaptered. If you pick a 4 mile workout .... you are stuck with 4 miles. Beginners should look for 1 & 2 milers here. There is the "power series" .... most workouts use weights. The "express" series .... most use a resistance band. Weights are always light, and optional.

Walk at Home - are made for DVD. Most of these are chaptered. You can skip miles with your remote control. As mentioned earlier ... the warmup is part of mile 1, and in most cases the cool down is part of the last mile.

If you have a Netflix (mail) account ... there are at least 30 different Leslie Sansone videos to try. Your local library should have some as well.

Collagevideo.com is great for looking at DVDs. You get video clips, impact level (mixed impact are Leslie videos with jogging). Professionals have done the videos & rated them for fitness level. You can even find a few Leslie Sansone videos with a music only option.