New to WW

Options
All year I have been on MFP trying various calorie levels, starting up a regular exercise routine and getting more and more frustrated as in 4.5 months I lost nothing!!

Some friends have had recent success on WW so I joined online 11 days ago and already am down 4.9lbs!

I think I had started to abuse the calorie system and was eating too much junk. WW points are making me think twice about what I eat and the free fruit and veg is also encouraging me to be more healthy.

I don't expect the loss to continue at this rate but hopefully it's a sign I'm finally on the right track!

Good luck to everyone with it and I hope it brings you success. 

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    welcome....
    exactly! .....i abused the calorie also. what a great word to use. i have learned so much about what i am eating, what's worth eating. i know my doctor is liking the results and so am i. i have not "fallen off, gone over, not counted" etc yet since starting. i am working the plan for all it's got. i feel so much better. even DH is feeling better. i am wearing clothes that i have never worn lose or "fit" before. they were bought just a tad too small. it feels great.
    sorry to go on about it. i just really like it right now. every once in awhile i log food here to see where my calorie count is. most of the time it's lower. i do know i am working on the balance of exercise and food consumption. that is a tricky area to fine tune.
    good luck on you new adventure.
  • bethelcheryl
    bethelcheryl Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) I also think WW helps people make healthier choices. Good luck!
  • michelletr
    michelletr Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    first off welcome

second i LOVE your screen name,lol

and third i joined w.w after seeing my best friend and my cousin both lose 25 pounds with-in a couple months of them joining w.w. being on w.w makes me think about the food i am eating....here on MFP i still managed to squeeze in junkfood, but with w.w you only have so many points so i can't squeeze that junkfood in unless i don't want to eat for the rest of the day,lol.......i have been doing this for a month now and i just finally reached a total of 5 pounds lost...took longer then i would have liked but now i know what i am doing so it should get easier,lol

good luck to you :)