Results and what to do next

Options
brookef81
brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
Hi Ladies!
I am love-love-love-loving my Turbo Fire workouts and my results. Just finished week 16 and lost and addtional 1.5 lbs this month and 2 inches. I know that does not sound like a lot, but I only have about 5-8 more to lose until goal, so it is moving kind of slowly to say the least. Also, I indulge a little (lot) on the weekends and that is something I am not willing to compromise and I know I will get to where I need to go, but I will get there eventually.

My question is where do I go next? I am going to Disney in 82 days!!! (Yes, I am counting because we go every year and we are obsessed) I keep hearing about these Hybrid programs, but I don't know what they are or how they work. Can someone explain them to me?

I was also thinking about doing Insanity, in fact, that is what I really want to try, but I would have to start that in 2 weeks in order to be done before vacation.

So my questions are for anyone who has finished or is about to finish...what are you going to do next? Did you reach your goal or do you have more to lose, etc.?

I am looking for something that involves cardio mostly and I need to lose those last 5-8 lbs.

Replies

• sjflowers
    sjflowers Posts: 148
    Options
    Hey, I didn't finish TF and went back to Insanity. I think you would "like" it. It has cardio but also strength. It'll kick your butt, but since you are already cardio conditioned from TF the cardio will be intense, but you'll be able to do it... the first time i did Insanity I lost 20 pounds.... which i am stuck at....

Give it a try. :)
  • Sweeterescape
    Sweeterescape Posts: 132
    Options
    I'm just behind you with TF and I've also been thinking about this a lot.

I mainly need to lose inches on my thighs/butt area as my upper body is very close to how I'd want it to look (maybe a little more off the arms so there's no flapping when I wave, etc). I am tempted by Insanity, but I'm worried about two things:

1. Will I actually do it if it's just lots of reps of exercises and not "fun" like TF? One of the main reasons I do TF as much as I do is because I love it, even though I do miss 2 - 3 workouts a week as it is because of my lack of willpower/busy sched, and if I wasn't enjoying my workout I think I'd probably never do it.

2. Will it make me super muscly? I'm encouraged by Kelsey's (seesaey) results, she just looks toned not super ripped, but I do worry that I will look muscular which is not my goal. I want to have more of a dancer's body rather than a defined six pack kind of thing.

For these reasons, I'm thinking of getting Brazil Butt Lift and doing a TF BBL hybrid. Hopefully that will tighten up my lower half and I can use the TF cardio to make sure I keep my metabolism revved up to lose those last few lbs and a little bit off the upper half too.

I think you should think about what you want out of a workout and go with it! If you think Insanity is best, then even if you are 2 weeks shy of finishing you could either take it with you (you could always get the kids to the parks super early, then have a break in the afternoon when it's really busy and you could do insanity while the hubby hangs with the kids in the pool or something, then join them in the pool to cool off!) or, more realistically, you could take a break for a couple weeks and then restart the 2nd month when you get back if you feel you've lost some umph during your vacation.

I LOVE Disney as well, cannot WAIT until I have kids and have an excuse to go back, I've gone way too many times as an adult to warrant spending the money again lol! You're going to look fabulous for it regardless I'm sure :)
  • b_fit4life
    b_fit4life Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I agree with sweeterescape. It's really all about your personal goals and what you enjoy. It's pretty rare to find someone who religiously completes a workout that they hate. So whatever you choose, make sure it fits your personality.

I have done a little bit of insanity before and it certainly delivers a high intensity workout but it also wreaks havoc on my knees. So that is something to consider if you ever experience knee pain.

I know a lot of people turn to ChaLean Extreme to blend with Turbo Fire as a hybrid after finishing the TF program. My TF actually even came with the hybrid schedule.

You'll figure it out. Have fun in Disney!!
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    First off - are you coming to FL? We have to meet, I'm only 2 hours from Disney (was down there this past weekend in fact!).

Yes, it very much depends on your goals. I didn't get huge muscles, in fact its really hard for women to get super muscles. Insanity is a lot of cardio - there are strength moves, but those all involve body weight. And alot of the strength moves have cardio involved. I wasn't able to do regular pushups before I started Insanity and now can do a few. Insanity is not my soulmate workout like Turbo Fire is, but seeing how much stronger I was getting kept me going. I kept hearing Chalene's voice in my head "You are not tired!!". LOL.

I have heard great things about the ChaLean Extreme and TF hybrid. I haven't personally done it (just because I don't like to lift weights and need the cardio strength moves in order for me to do strength type workouts!). You will need weights with ChaLean Extreme, so keep that in mind while deciding.

And Sweeterescape - I just did some Brazil Butt Lift this morning... it certainly made my lower half sore!!
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am coming to Florida :) August 17-23 we will be in Disney! Would love to meet you in person! I have heard a lot about Chalene Extreme as well, but I know that you need weights and it is more strength training. I am not lookig to bulk up either, I just want to firm up some of the fat, LOL and lose the remaining 5-8 lbs that are lingering around.

I think I am committing to Insanity. I keep tossing it around in my head and I want to be able to say that I did it and I want to see what results I can get from it. I may try the CLX program after and do a hybrid with TF because I don't think I will ever NOT love doing TF.

Thanks for all of your advice :) I am off to Turbo!
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    Yes, you MUST let me know on here or Facebook so we can meet up! Maybe we would be able to do some Insanity or Turbo together too ;).