Introductions!

Options

Replies

• nomadicthumbs
    Options
    I've decided it's time to lose my extra pounds. Also, being that I coach of two high school sports I decided I should get into shape if I expect my athletes to be in shape. I figure this challenge would help me focus on short term goals while working toward my long term goal. I'm looking to add supportive and fun people so feel free to add me as a friend!
  • LauraUrias
    LauraUrias Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi - I'm Laura and I am 30 yrs old. I am ready to get in shape. I do really great during the week but weekends are hard for me; specifically eating out. I love this challenge and look forward to holding myself more accountable.
  • jennieholladay
    Options
    Hi - I'm Jennie, 33 years-old, high school digital media arts teacher. Trying to fit back into my summer clothes after a very long winter. Hoping that this will help me focus.
  • rockinrelish27
    rockinrelish27 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    HI everyone
    My name is Rochelle and i am a mom to two boys, 2 and 7... I live in a small town and i am not great at making friends or workout buddies so came on here to get a helping hand at losing the last 20 pounds
    I have already lost 17 pounds and stuck in a rut with eating and excercising and would love support :)
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Hi Kids (I call everyone kids)
    I'm Drie. I'm 29 and I need a bit of extra motivation lately. From july through January I lost 30 pounds, but I've had some recent setbacks and gained 9 pounds back. I have hypothyroidism that is being monitored and treated, but it zaps me of all energy sometimes.
    I am 6'1". I currently am at 299 (scary, I started this at 323 in July) and my ultimate goal weight would be to get down to 180.

Hey, I have hypothyroidism too. It's good to know I'm not alone. I'm sorry that you have it though.

14877786.png
  • smyle4me4ever
    Options
    Hi, my name is Becky. I am a 42 yo nurse and mom to 3 (22, 21 and 14) and a GM to 1 :)
    Every since I hit my 40's it has been such a struggle to maintain, let alone lose weight.

In my 20s and 30s, I was always 115-120 but since I hit 40, no matter what I do the scale keeps rising and rising...

Now I'm at my all time high (except when I was pregnant) of 142. I'm not considered "overweight" but I'm just not comfortable in my body (being used to be smaller for so many years).

My goal is not to get back down to 115 as at my age I don't think it would look good on me, but 125-128.

Good luck to all and it's nice to meet all of you :)
  • thesingingengineer123
    Options
    Hi, my name is Alexandria. I am 19 and just finished my first year of college heavier than I came in. After going to my old dance studio's recital this past week I realized that I needed to start paying attention to my weight again!
  • prettystar1sky
    prettystar1sky Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My name is Valerie, some of my close friends refer to me as "cupcake" :)

Like many of you, I have been searching for the "holy grail" of a healthier life style. I tried everything. At the end of last summer I found a program that works for me. I use these 100% all natural supplements on top of re-negotiating my lifestyle to fit my needs. These products also helped me get off of depression and anxiety medications which cost me a fortune! Now I am saving money and getting healthier and I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER! Earlier this month I did the 8 day suggested program which was easy to follow and I lost 10lbs and 12 inches in 8 days!

I will be adding everyone in this group and I am here to help, we are all in this together! We can get out of this together. :)

If you or a loved one you know would be interested in exactly what I did, feel free to message me.
    There's no time like the present <3

My highest weight was around 250lbs (just before using the products). I'm 5'5 and now I weigh 180lbs. I plan to keep going on my weight loss.

I am seeing my boyfriend graduate from basic training from the National Guard in Ft. Benning, GA July 2nd. So I want to lose more beofre then.

Good luck to all of you!
  • MILICA1986
    MILICA1986 Posts: 172
    Options
    Hi! I'm Milica and am really looking forward to losing these 10 lbs and reaching my goal weight :-)
  • cbaac03
    cbaac03 Posts: 152
    Options
    Hello, I'm Christina. I'm 25, married to a great guy and we have a 2 year old son. I'm also a full-time RN in an ICU. I am just restarting my weight loss journey. I have struggled with my weight since i was a teenager and am finally serious about changing my life for a healthier, more fit and of course hotter me! I love Zumba, it's my latest obsession!! I also love fashion, shopping and all kinds of music. Nice to meet everyone.

SW: 197.3 on 5/6/12
    CW: 189.2 on 5/27/12
    GW: 125
  • pjrbs
    pjrbs Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm Patti and have 3 grown children. Started at 240 last year. Joined MFP at 224. Now 205 and would love to lose 10 pounds by July 8th. I have RA so it is sometimes diificult to exercise but I do walk almost every day.
  • Chunkychi
    Chunkychi Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I'm Leah and 43 yrs old with 3 lovely, lively kids who along with full-time work have managed to leave little time to address the large number on the scales! I have discovered MFP last week and lost a disappointing 2lbs this week but I guess at least it's sliding in the right direction. I think this Group could be just what I need to help with motivation. I've got a Ball to buy a dress for on the 30th June and I refuse to buy it until I've lost some of my weight.

My starting weight was 164 and I'm currently 162 with a goal of 133 so have a long way to go - it's taken 18 months to put the weight on so I know it's not going to be a quick fix and the road will be fraught with highs and lows but this time (and I have tried many many faddy diets) I'm determined not to worry about the bikini this year!
  • EmmaLB1990
    EmmaLB1990 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a 21 year old whose recently finished my last year of uni. Unfortunately the weight has gradually shifted on, and I've become really unhealthy! I'm really looking forward to being part of a supportive community, and hope we can all help one another! Good luck everyone!
  • cruisinskier
    cruisinskier Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm Jerry, 48 years old and live in the Toronto area. I started 2 few weeks back at my all time high of 218.2lbs. I am currently at 210 lbs so off ot a good start.

We are doing a cruise mid August so my personal goal is to get to 195lbs by the cruise. Another 10 off plus the 8 I have lost to date would get me close to that goal with some time still to go to lose the last 5 pounds.....good luck to all of you and stay focused!!
  • cruisinskier
    cruisinskier Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi Kids (I call everyone kids)
    I'm Drie. I'm 29 and I need a bit of extra motivation lately. From july through January I lost 30 pounds, but I've had some recent setbacks and gained 9 pounds back. I have hypothyroidism that is being monitored and treated, but it zaps me of all energy sometimes.
    I am 6'1". I currently am at 299 (scary, I started this at 323 in July) and my ultimate goal weight would be to get down to 180.

Hey, I have hypothyroidism too. It's good to know I'm not alone. I'm sorry that you have it though.

14877786.png

Hi to both of you....I am another with hypothyroidism. We can do this!!
    Jerry
  • mssurles
    mssurles Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi
    My name is Wanita and I am so happy to be aboard on losing 10lbs (or more in my case). I am a mother and wife of 10 kids (4-stepkids) and I am unemployed at the moment but I am a CNA for the state of Ga. Since having my 5th and 6th kids (which are twins); and having a ceaseran I have put on an amount of weight. Being 5'5 at the age of 38 and moving to Georgia about 7 months ago I have been struggling with my weight. My heaviest was 214 and now I am 200 (according to my scale). It has taken me a while to get to 200. I started seriously dieting in January and fell off track about 2 months ago and weighed 206 due to a lack of motivation or having the spirit to lose weight I put it off until recently. I love a challenge and would love to be involved in getting to a level I can enjoy looking at myself and feeling good. Good luck to everyone and cant wait to read results and see pics of everyone involved.
  • ZenWen
    ZenWen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I finished C25K a while back and have been wondering what to do next. This is great timing as my eating hasn't been as clean as it could be.
  • godsworshipper1
    godsworshipper1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a 39 yr old female. I am ready for the challenge
  • runner_chick24
    runner_chick24 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! My name is Alexa. I'm an avid runner and, beyond that, an average high school girl. I'm psyched to have the chance to improve my fitness with all of you. Best of luck! xoxo
  • twelker878
    twelker878 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Tina and I am really looking for some motivation. I had a stroke a year ago so I do exercise on my own and try to walk 2 miles a day but never loose any weight. Have become very unhappy with my appearance and need some motivational pickups to loose the weight I have put on since quitting smoking. Have put on 123 lbs in 13 months. Now I need to get it off. NEW FRIENDS WELCOME