started today!

Options
amoeni1
amoeni1 Posts: 87 Member
Hi all! Today is the first day of my insanity journey, I just completed the fit test. I am so excited to see what all the other workouts will bring. Just curious if anyone else is starting now or soon and wants to join forces and push each other! I was also wondering, I do the shakeology breakfast (chocolate with PB 2 is my favorite so far, only 2 days in though so if you have other great recipes please share!). I am trying to follow the insanity nutrition guide and calories as closely as possible. It says I need 1900 calories a day, so I am going to try that. I also plan to run/do other cardio weights while training so should it still be the same I am wondering? I know everyone is different so I was going to try sticking with the plan and1900 calories while doing my insanity + other workouts and see how I feel and how I am doing.

Day 1 fit test-
1. switch kicks- 112 (56 each side)
2. power jacks- 51
3. power knees- 96
4. power jumps- 28
5. globe jumps- 8
6. suicide jumps- 17
7. push up jacks- 18
8. lower plank oblique- 22 each side

Replies

• golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Today I finished week 2 day 1. I skipped rest day as this coming Saturday I am at a cubscout event and will not be able to do my workout.
  • nnw8604
    nnw8604 Posts: 15
    Options
    I started yesterday (today, technically). I tried Insanity before, but my schedule was so hectic I could only commit for two weeks. I have an open schedule now so I really want to stick with it this time and get in shape. I'm a former athlete who ran track at the collegiate level, but quit when I was 20 and have had surgery on both of my knees (most recently, last February), so I'm kind of out of shape. I also have to modify some of the moves b/c they are too hard on my knees. I just need support and I think going through it the same time as others will really help me stick with it.
  • SkylinkFitness
    Options
    @amoeni1 Those are great fit test numbers for your first test!! I'm on Day 59 of Insanity and can't believe how fast the time as flown by! Taking my last fit test on Monday and I'm hoping to double my numbers from Day 1, it's crazy how much you'll improve over the course of the program! I love my Chocolate Shakeology too!!! My favorite receipe is "Chocolate Banana Nutter" - 1 scoop, 1 banana, 1tbsp all-natural peanut butter, 12oz water, 4 ice cubes.... amazing!!! :) Definitely think you're on the right track - if you can incorporate other workouts ON TOP OF Insanity, then good for you... that's awesome. Last weekend, I incorporated the bonus DVD "Upper Body Weight Training" and let me tell you, my arms were SO sore for the next two days I couldn't believe it! I hadn't used weights in over 50 days so that's likely why! Once I'm done with this round, I'm going to start the ASYLUM on June 18th, so I'm looking forward to using weights more often!! Anyways, great job, KEEP DIGGING DEEP!! :)
  • marija88
    marija88 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Just started this workout on Monday! I missed yesterday, and I wish I didn't cause it was just the recovery, but I worked all day, and have a midterm this evening, so I did the recovery today... Back on track tomorrow, and will work out an extra day this week to get all caught up again!!