Supposedly Going Crazy....?

Options
SnakeDarling
SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
Okay, so....

This guy and I had been talking as just friends for a year or so, when suddenly, out of nowhere, he asks me to date him. I make sure to tell him that I'll be moving away soon and don't want to be exclusive or anything, but I don't mind going on a few dates with him. He says he understands.

So, yesterday, he texts me, saying that he wants me to come to his place and meet his parents, which is cool with me as he's been at my house a few times and met my folks. So, he says he'll pick me up soon, but he doesn't know exactly when. He gives me a 3 hour estimate because he has to run some errands.

So I get ready, and take my sweet time doing so. Bout 2-2 1/2 hours pass and I decide I'll go sit outside to have a smoke, play with my dog, and wait for him, so he knows which house it is. Half an hour passes... Into an hour.... Two hours... And I don't want to go inside because I keep thinking "any second, he'll pull up. Any second...".
After another hour passes, I go inside and text him:
"Hey. Just forget picking me up, okay? Maybe we can hang some other time."

"Okay. Sorry about not coming to pick you up."

"Just be sure to let me know next time so I'm not sitting outside waiting for you, okay?"

Well... That was the wrong thing to say. He went off on me about my sitting and waiting on him and called me a crazy bicth. I get that he felt bad for making me wait, but I felt the response inappropriate. What do you guys think?

Replies

• Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    He is a douche bag. I can't stand late people. I would be nice to him so I could see him again just to punch him in the throat.

You did nothing wrong!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    You are better off without him.
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Nat got it right - the guy's a DB
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I think you won't do it again. We live, we learn.
    Bout 2-2 1/2 hours pass and I decide I'll go sit outside to have a smoke, play with my dog, and wait for him, so he knows which house it is. Half an hour passes... Into an hour.... Two hours... And I don't want to go inside because I keep thinking "any second, he'll pull up. Any second...".
    Well here is what you should have done: texted him "Hey, give me a buzz when you're near my place. Do you know what time you're coming now?". And you keep doing your stuff and wait for him to ring you.
    Well... That was the wrong thing to say. He went off on me about my sitting and waiting on him and called me a crazy bicth. I get that he felt bad for making me wait, but I felt the response inappropriate. What do you guys think?
    Clearly, he's stupid (but maybe something really really bad happened to him, so he would have the benefit of the doubt - although I'm pretty sure nothing bad happened).
    Anyway the point is that there is always a proportion of the population that is stupid, so I personally am always prepared for the worse, and this instance a simple text (to which he would have probably not responded) would have helped...
    (i.e. you wouldn't have waited outside, which was an illogical thing to do btw)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    That is weird that he just said "sorry about not coming to pick you up." Not "oh I'm running late so sorry." That is the weirdest
    response in the world. He wasn't apologizing for standing you up - he was apologizing for not coming to get you. Your response was fine. I think he got pissed that you called him out on his bullsh!t. But you aren't crazy one bit. He's dumb.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    He is a douche bag. I can't stand late people. I would be nice to him so I could see him again just to punch him in the throat.

You did nothing wrong!

Perfect.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    You're definitely not crazy. Just a lot nicer than I would have been, haha.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    sounds like he's the crazy bi***. on to the next one
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    What a *kitten*. He definitely needs a punch in the throat.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    He sounds mentally and emotionally unstable to me.

And real men don't speak to women that way. You can't put up with that garbage if you expect to be treated well.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    To me this guys shows no respect for your time. What if you had other plans that you decided to put on hold to go to his place? One of my biggest pet peeves are people don't have the common courtesy to tell you they are going to be late much less someone that doesn't show. I will cut people from my life if this is a common practice for them so you are not going crazy he is. Someone that cares for you would never speak to you that way either.

(PS to the guys that will say we are being hard on him because he is a guy. I have cut out friends that are girls from my life for doing this kind of thing too)