June...please bring us joy!!

Options
tknnwatkins
tknnwatkins Posts: 135 Member
Hi everyone...
It is getting close to June and I hope everyone will give some thought to their weight loss journey. Ball season, unfortunately, has prevented me from meeting my goals and now it is time to reassess what I want for the other half of the year! I will be thinking between now and June 1 before I set my goals for the challenge. I want to meet my goals this month! Be thinking of what you want to do...

Replies

• TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Totally feeling the same way about meeting my goals. I'll be primarily focusing on my toning.
  • csouto
    csouto Posts: 30
    Options
    Summer is here and I know it is hard to keep focus with all the fun Bbq's and beers and fun pinic's but I know that we can do it! I am having a hard time. For the first time since January I didn't lose any weight:( Your group helps me keep going, so if there is anything I can do to help you keep moving I will!!!!! WE CAN DO THIS:-)
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I welcome a new challenge. I love to be outdoors so I am looking forward to June. I will determine my goals for the month and update!

We can do this!!!!

15878158.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • debk3p2
    debk3p2 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Csouto: You've done amazing and hopefully this will be a very short plateau.

I'm going to have to stick to weight loss goals and some minor fitness goals for the first couple of weeks of June as my knee (hopefully) get's better.

I'm hoping I can lose 5 pounds in June.
  • csouto
    Options
    debk3p2: Thank you so much:) I think for June I would like to lose 6lbs and do bike riding 2 times a week. I would also like to keep my Curves up:) Good Luck to all!!!!!!
  • melwilson6
    melwilson6 Posts: 46
    Options
    My goals for June are the same as before. I would like to lose 10 lbs. this month. I should be able to do this if I can get back to the same pace and motivation I had when I started. I plan to purchase a bike and start riding....however, this month includes a few trips which require traveling.....so lets see how this goes :-)
  • hauer01
    Options
    My goal for June is to no longer be in the "Obese" Category. I am 5 lbs away to just being in the "heavy" category. So I am bound and determine to lose these 5 lbs sooner rather than later.

Good Luck Eveyone!
  • melwilson6
    Options
    Week One: lost 2.5 lbs. did not get back to exercising yet....but I'm happy with the weight loss. Next week I'm gone to Childrens Church Camp followed by a short trip to Texas. So let's see how that works out :happy:
  • hauer01
    Options
    Wow! I just weighed myself this morning and I lost 3 lbs. I had to step on the scale twice to make sure that I was reading it correctly. Only 2 more lbs to move myself out of the medical "obese" category. I can't wait!

I have a trip back home to see my folks at the end of the month. They own a resteraunt and I LOVE their food. I would like to get ahead of the game a little bit so that I can enjoy their good cooking for the few days that I am their.

Good Luck Everyone! Stay on track!
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Wow! I just weighed myself this morning and I lost 3 lbs. I had to step on the scale twice to make sure that I was reading it correctly. Only 2 more lbs to move myself out of the medical "obese" category. I can't wait!

That's fantastic news! I was super excited when I got out of the "obese" category on my Wii, made me ultimately joyful. Now I'm always terrified of falling back and being "there" again.
  • csouto
    Options
    well I lost 3 lbs so I am very happy:) I am now burning over 500 calories with my Curves workouts! I am going camping at the end of the month and can't wait for all of the hiking and bike riding! Yeah!!! Hope everyone is doing well!
  • jkimmett
    jkimmett Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have actually been doing really well in June. I hit maintenance (thought I would like to lose 5 more lbs but am pretty happy where I am and doctor told me to stop.) I was really fighting the snacking beast and lately I am winning! I am down another .8 of a lb, which isn't much but every little bit gets harder and harder to lose right now and I am not really trying, I am just trying to readjust to this new life. I haven't been logging daily, I am trying to just eat right so that I don't have to log. I should know what to do by now. I am still weighing daily because I don't want to ever get out of control again. I am not sure if that will ever stop, if I will ever have the confidence in the new me to move away from that. I would like to get more exercise in but with summer here, it isn't a "workout" per se, but its taking the kids hiking or swimming so I am still getting exercise its just not formal. I am trying to keep logging in so that at least I can be a cheerleader for others struggling and I do love to read your stuff.
  • melwilson6
    Options
    Well There is no easy way to say this....I gained 8 lbs. this week....yes that's right 8 lbs.!! All I can say is church camp and dieting did not mesh well. Now I'm heading to Texas for a few days.....pray for strength and wisdom as I get back to loosing again please.
  • hauer01
    Options
    This next week will be my biggest challenge! I am going home for the week to visit my family (I am very excited about that) and their restaurant. It has been a while since I have been there. Growing up here is a BIG reason why I have so much weight to loose in the first place.

I am excited to see everyone and I am excited to eat some of the fantastic food. I have no intention of saying no to all of their delightful dinners, but I am hoping that this time I can maybe indulge a little and control myself a litte. Wish me luck.

But as they say, I didn't loose of this weight in one week, I won't gain it all back in a week either.