Intro to myself + nutrition tips?

AudJanexo
AudJanexo Posts: 30 Member
Hello all .

On 2nd week of p90x Lean. It's kickin my butt ! When I first started I saw that I lost 5.5 lbs. Now the weight loss is stalling. I want to stick to the nutrition guide and am trying to get in all protein, but am thinking i need to be in the 1200 calorie range to lose weight since i find it very difficult to do so.

Current weight is 139
goal weight is 120-125

I am 5"1 and have a medium/small frame.

The guide says stick to 1440 cals, but i think 1200 is good (?)

Has anyone else had 25lbs+ weight loss with the lean program, and can share any tips with nutrition ?did you follow the guide ? what did you do for protein ?

thanks again.

-penny

please add me on beach body and facebook.

pennypistol55@gmail.com

Replies

• dincoka
    dincoka Posts: 10 Member
    Hi Penny,

I would stay at the 1400 Calorie mark for now . . . if you go down too low in calories you will actually lose less fat. Even though you are lean you will still build muscle tone so your platue may be due to muscle gain which will be followed up by fat loss. the scale is an okay way to track progress but the best way is to use body measurements and body fat% testing.

I have a significant amount of mass to lose and I was discouraged but with only about 12 - 20 pounds lost I have lost 2% body fat and 20 inches!!! So do not restrict your calories until you see that you are not losing body fat %, inches, and scale weight :)

I hope that this helps!!

Dincoka
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Hello all .

On 2nd week of p90x Lean. It's kickin my butt ! When I first started I saw that I lost 5.5 lbs. Now the weight loss is stalling. I want to stick to the nutrition guide and am trying to get in all protein, but am thinking i need to be in the 1200 calorie range to lose weight since i find it very difficult to do so.

Current weight is 139
    goal weight is 120-125

I am 5"1 and have a medium/small frame.

The guide says stick to 1440 cals, but i think 1200 is good (?)

Has anyone else had 25lbs+ weight loss with the lean program, and can share any tips with nutrition ?did you follow the guide ? what did you do for protein ?

thanks again.

-penny

please add me on beach body and facebook.

pennypistol55@gmail.com

Just be safe Or your body will not thank u for it aka hold onto what weight you are tryin so hard to lose...