ahajduk Posts: 34 Member
1: 2 min
2: 1 min
3: 45 sec

Replies

• jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    After a plank-heavy yoga class, still got 60 secs on my timed plank.

@ahajduk - you are a machine! Please tell me you have a core of steel. Planks are kicking my *kitten* and I need reassurance that I'm accomplishing something as I can't seem to do more than 60 sec after a full month!
  • ahajduk
    Options
    After a plank-heavy yoga class, still got 60 secs on my timed plank.

@ahajduk - you are a machine! Please tell me you have a core of steel. Planks are kicking my *kitten* and I need reassurance that I'm accomplishing something as I can't seem to do more than 60 sec after a full month!

I wish I had a core of steel... LOL... I am just stubborn and have a high tolerance for pain & suffering (many years of Catholic school).

Seriously, I have noticed changes around my midsection. It would be more defined if I was sticking to the rest of my plan, but I am back on track and look forward to seeing more definition.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: 1. 2 minutes
    :bigsmile: 2. 1 minute 15 seconds

I wonder if it makes a difference what time of day you do the plank......is it easier first thing in the morning before you've exhausted yourself doing other stuff :flowerforyou:

jlbay.....60 seconds is great.....I told my group on another thread about the plank a day and someone tried it and said that 10 seconds was a challenge for her....and if you are doing multiple planks in a yoga class, that is amazing. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

ahajduk, maybe you're a lot younger than we are or have been a body builder all along :laugh:
  • ahajduk
    Options
    :flowerforyou: 1. 2 minutes
    :bigsmile: 2. 1 minute 15 seconds

I wonder if it makes a difference what time of day you do the plank......is it easier first thing in the morning before you've exhausted yourself doing other stuff :flowerforyou:

jlbay.....60 seconds is great.....I told my group on another thread about the plank a day and someone tried it and said that 10 seconds was a challenge for her....and if you are doing multiple planks in a yoga class, that is amazing. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

ahajduk, maybe you're a lot younger than we are or have been a body builder all along :laugh:

Body builder? More of a body destroyer for the last 42 years. I am correcting my evil ways... Never too late... Now I am building the body I want.

I have wondered the same thing about time of day. I find I do better first thing in the AM. If I wait until the evening it all seems so much harder. Planks, running, lifting us all better in the morning... For me... results may vary :-)
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Well, I've been observing a beginner's yoga class, and I've started teaching a couple of beginner students. They can barely get into proper plank position, much less hold it. So, I'm thinking I've been underestimating the difficulty of the plank, for sure.

I did have a 75 sec plank early one morning - so y'all may be onto something, there. Plus, I am doing a lot of other exercise, and I've really increased it in May, so I'm sure I'm also tired.

I don't really mind - I know that it is working my core and I know I'm getting stronger.

Then again - I just noticed that my watch has stopped. So...that's the watch I've been timing with. Guess the battery ran down. So, if it has been running slow...