Heat and humidity

Options
tnrunningnurse
tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
Will the oncoming heat and humidity change anything about your running? I may do more treadmill at the gym....

Replies

• KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Last year I kept running in it. I would just get up early and get it done.
    This year, since I am injured and can't run until (hopefully) late June and have a July race I am doing a lot of biking outdoors in the evening to get as acclimated as I can to the heat/humidity.

However, I do not think there is a thing wrong at all with taking it indoors to the treadmill. If I didn't have races that were going to be ran in the heat/humidity I'd skip running outside.
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I will still run in the heat and humidity...but if if is too hot I will resort to treadmill. I too make an effort to get up early....but that doesn't always work :)
  • amberiam
    amberiam Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the treadmill, but I feel like it gives me a false sense of how well I really run. I can run for about 30 minutes on the treadmill, with a slight incline, but when I get outside, I have trouble doing more than a quarter-half mile. I know this is off-topic but any suggestions?
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Set the incline to at least 2 % on the treadmill, that will be more like running outside.