And............NSV!!

Options
Moe4572
Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
I almost forgot......well, forgot to write.........about my NSV. Several years ago, I was on a ride and we all got hooked in and I was told that the bar would not close properly because I was too big---I was mortified, and so go off the ride. Turns out that the bar was broken, and in fact, had nothing to do with me, but the damage was already done. So, on first date at amusement park that always niggles at the back of my mind, even though I am smaller than then AND it wasn't me....still some things stick. Well, I fit on every rollercoaster with NO problems....even had extra room in some of them !!!! It was great :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Even though it was a nervous thought in your head, that's great that you went anyway and everything went so well!! Yay!
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Been there. That's the primary reason I haven't been to an amusement park in 8 years now. Good for you for overcoming that mental block!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    yay!
  • sunnymel126
    sunnymel126 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is definitely an awesome NSV! :)
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    Woot woot!!!!! Good for you!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot......well, forgot to write.........about my NSV. Several years ago, I was on a ride and we all got hooked in and I was told that the bar would not close properly because I was too big---I was mortified, and so go off the ride. Turns out that the bar was broken, and in fact, had nothing to do with me, but the damage was already done. So, on first date at amusement park that always niggles at the back of my mind, even though I am smaller than then AND it wasn't me....still some things stick. Well, I fit on every rollercoaster with NO problems....even had extra room in some of them !!!! It was great :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Congrats :)
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    That is one thing I too have waited for - to be able to fit in a roller coaster. So SUPER congrats on that NSV!! :drinker:
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    marvellous! :flowerforyou:
  • jsukhan
    jsukhan Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I and a friend were at Canada's Wonderland about to go on their newest rollercoaster The Behemoth. There was a test chair at the beginning of the line for those who might not fit. My friend was a bigger girl and decided she should try the chair, it needed to click three times to fit. It would only click twice, I could see the look of hurt and embarrassment on her face, then she sat up a little straighter and three clicks. So off we went. When we got to front of the line and were the next group to go on someone about to get on the ride had to get off, because no three clicks. Felt so bad for that girl having to walk all the way back down the line.

Oh, congrats on your NSV!!!
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Gratz!! Gratz!! Gratz!! That's so awesome! That's the reason I haven't been in an amusement park in a couple of years because the last time I went to one I could barely get into the seat or let the bars down. Can't wait to start having fun on rides again!
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Great victory, congrats :smile:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Yipeeeee!!!!! By the way, GREAT 1st date idea! Was it his?
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Good for you!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's wonderful!
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Yipeeeee!!!!! By the way, GREAT 1st date idea! Was it his?

Yes, he said he was up for fun first date, if I was up for it....I stated as long as "fun" was not hiking 5 miles into desserted woods, I was up for it. He gave option of winery or Six Flags---not much of a wine person, but thought that would be fun, though Six Flags won hands down!!!