New to This Group

Options
Hello! I am new to this group and wanted to introduce myself. I am currently 40 years old, and 41 is right around the corner, end of June. The last year has flown by, and I was hoping to have lost a significant amount of weight by now, but I have noticed it is incredibly hard to do, and like they say even harder once you reach 40!

I need ot change my lifestyle and be healthy. I have a nearly 5 year old son who I want to be around for a long time for and I want to be a good example for him!

I have a Fitbit, and I started using it on March 23rd of this year. I lost 12 pounds in about 6 weeks. The last few weeks I have gained and lost the same 2 pounds, and I have become a bit frustrated, but I am not giving up.

I am hoping to support others and receive support along this journey to a healthier me. I know it can be done. In my late 20's I lost 87 pounds and felt great. Over the years it has slowly crept back up on me plus some! My mistake, I stopped going to meetings at WW once I maintained my weight. BIG MISTAKE!

Here's to sticking with it!

Replies

• Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Wow - losing 87 pounds is awsome! and it show's you can change if you want to. I lost 52 pounds, but gained half of it back. I remember when I made my goal, promising I'll never go back and here I am at the half way point :(

Good luck in your journey, keep a positive attitude, and use this site to it's fullest. You will succeed!!

Kathy