Singles Cruise

Options
MNchick
MNchick Posts: 371 Member
So...after deciding that I had been patient enough with the last person I was interested in and needing to move on, my mom just brought up the subject of going on a Singles Cruise. I found this one today:

http://www.singlescruise.com/cruisedetail.aspx?cruise=8-night+halloween+bash+caribbean+singles+cruise+from+miami

Has anyone gone on one? Have any insight? Anyone ever thought about going on one?

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    So...after deciding that I had been patient enough with the last person I was interested in and needing to move on, my mom just brought up the subject of going on a Singles Cruise. I found this one today:

http://www.singlescruise.com/cruisedetail.aspx?cruise=8-night+halloween+bash+caribbean+singles+cruise+from+miami

Has anyone gone on one? Have any insight? Anyone ever thought about going on one?

Personally I haven't. I'd do it, but I would try to find someone to go along with me.
  • Silver180
    Silver180 Posts: 294
    Options
    This concept terrifies me.
  • MNchick
    Options
    Yeah, it would be so much easier to go with someone I knew, but I'm running into the issue of most of my friends are either either married, or they don't have the means to splurge on something like this.

Maybe if I give them a heads up this far out, they could save up????
  • MNchick
    Options

Minnesotans aren't supposed to be terrified of ANYTHING!
  • Marper8521
    Marper8521 Posts: 160
    Options
    Always, Always, Always take someone with you; Not saying they are all bad, but I have a friend who went by herself and ended up in a bad situation with a group of young men!!! Just always protect yourself! And, in times of real problems, as I've been on many many cruises, these cruise companies almost always try to push it under the rug, especially since you are in international waters.
  • Silver180
    Silver180 Posts: 294
    Options

Firstly, Minnesota is about as far away as you can be from an ocean, so cruises are rightly terrifying...

And did you creep my profile? Hahah ;)
  • MNchick
    Options

Firstly, Minnesota is about as far away as you can be from an ocean, so cruises are rightly terrifying...

And did you creep my profile? Hahah ;)

A) you're kind of surrounded by water, so you shouldn't be scurred
    B) uh...duh
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I don't know... I would demand a list of all single passengers with photos first. I would also demand first and exclusive access to any that I was attracted to, or "dibs" as you might put it.

That and I would want to wear the captain hat, pilot the ship, and eventually swing off a rope to a neighboring vessel with the intentions of commandeering it.

Hmm, I should try to focus when I am typing I don't think I ended how I intended there.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

:laugh:

We aren't afraid of the cold but MN are known for being emotionally repressed aka MN nice.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

That and I would want to wear the captain hat, pilot the ship, and eventually swing off a rope to a neighboring vessel with the intentions of commandeering it.

hahahah I want this trip!
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I don't know... I would demand a list of all single passengers with photos first. I would also demand first and exclusive access to any that I was attracted to, or "dibs" as you might put it.

Hmm, I should try to focus when I am typing I don't think I ended how I intended there.

bahahahaha
  • eduardo_d
    eduardo_d Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I think it would be a blast! Been on cruises and found the ship packed with the elderly and infirm. Swore I'd never go again. A singles cruise would add a fun social aspect that was missing before.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I, too, have wanted to do this, and some peeps on here tried to get one together--too many people with no one taking over, so didn't work out, but I have always wanted to :)
  • tangie82
    tangie82 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a lot of fun, but don't go alone!
  • brewerchick
    brewerchick Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I looked into it and thought about and almost booked a couple of years ago..but then I ended up seeing somebody for awhile and didn't go. Needless to say it didn't last and I should have taken the cruise. I know some people mentioned not wanting to go alone but there are chatrooms etc with other people that will be on that cruise ship at the time you go so you can get to know people. I'm sure there will be other people there that came alone too! Guess it just depends on your comfort level.

I think doing a single cruise would be a great way to celebrate reaching my goal weight someday...hopefully I won't be like 67 by the time that happens...
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I guess my question is: Do you want a long distance relationship, what are the odds you will meet someone your interested in from your area on this boat? Sounds like a love boat to me.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go with the intention of finding LOVE to a singles cruise due to it only being several days and most likely, not from my area, but maybe finding a fun fling and just enjoy being single, flirt with whoever, dance with whoever, whatever whatever!
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I guess my question is: Do you want a long distance relationship, what are the odds you will meet someone your interested in from your area on this boat? Sounds like a love boat to me.

I wouldn't go with the expectation of finding a relationship, more just having fun with other unattached people. Just a fun time with people around the same age.
  • MNchick
    Options

Great...now I have the Love Boat theme song in my head. Thanks...NOT!

I can be plenty dense, but I wouldn't get on the ship expecting to walk off a week later with plans of going wedding dress shopping. Think it was just more appealing that I wouldn't be surrounded by nothing but couples and families...a good chance to meet new people. I've been in the military for almost 13 years now, so I have friends all over as it is. I'd love to add to the list of places I could visit and have a couch to crash on!
  • brewerchick
    brewerchick Posts: 72 Member
    Options

Great...now I have the Love Boat theme song in my head. Thanks...NOT!

I can be plenty dense, but I wouldn't get on the ship expecting to walk off a week later with plans of going wedding dress shopping. Think it was just more appealing that I wouldn't be surrounded by nothing but couples and families...a good chance to meet new people. I've been in the military for almost 13 years now, so I have friends all over as it is. I'd love to add to the list of places I could visit and have a couch to crash on!

Now I have that theme in my head too...

Ditto! I'm the same way! I actually went to North Carolina in January to meet a gal I met online through nutrisystem. We had been talking for 4 years and decided why not! Now she wants me to move to NC cause we had so much fun and if I need a cheap getaway that's another place for me to go. Suprisingly she came to Chicago for work a few months ago and we met again. You never know who you will meet and what type of relationship/friendship may form!

I don't have expectations when I met anyone...just go with the flow =)