Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

FOOD!!!!

2»

Replies

• aubsgg
    aubsgg Posts: 301 Member
    After reading all of these posts I'm more confused then before! Based on my weight (294) and exercise (doing Insanity) my BMR calculation is 2440 and Daily calories should be around 3400. That seems to high and it's a boat load of food. The last several weeks I've been around 1700-1900 calories a day total which is what MFP recommends and I don't feel hungry. Over the last 3 weeks my weight loss has been minimal. I'm thinking about trying to increase my calories up to 2200 a day. Should I go even higher? or stay at MFP's number? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I got stuck earlier on MFP calories, upped them 200 and lost again. Now I'm stuck again but mostly because i don't exercise much.
  • aubsgg
    aubsgg Posts: 301 Member
    I stopped losing on MFP calories (1400) so I upped to 1600. I've used a couple BMR calculators and this should work, Also will be close to what I should be eating when I get to goal. The weirdest thing is that when I exercise I have a hard time getting 1600 in. I do eat back some exercise calories at least to net 1400.

I'm trying to move to a more plant based diet. My husband doesn't like no meat meals so we have increased our seafood intake.

I'm also trying to eat more cleanly. Though I did just buy a bunch of frozen food from the health food store. I have gotten my husband to buy more organic produce. I also bought a vitamix and am working on taking in green drinks.

I have found it really hard to eat smaller portions of my usual (fat) diet so I am revamping what I eat entirely. Eating more high volume foods (veggies) vs high density (almost given up regular cheese- I do eat laughing cow though).