At Last! A Placebo That Actually Works!

Options
One of the many things I hate about exercise is that afterwards I always feel like I got hit by a truck. Actually a lot of the time I feel like that whether I'm exercising or not. But exercise makes every ache and pain way worse.

Recently I read about soaking in Epsom Salts. It's supposed to be good for minor aches and pains. So I have been trying it for a couple weeks now and I think it's actually helping. Epsom salts are a natural salt, a form of magnesium.

I was very skeptical at first. I read a couple articles online about epsom salts. Some pointed out that many people are magnesium deficient. Surprisingly enough, magnesium isn't easily absorbed through digestion. So it's difficult to boost your levels through eating. It can be absorbed through your skin, however. So soaking in epsom salts not only soothes aching muscles and joints, it also has other health benefits.

So now I'm soaking in a tub at least three or four times a week. I am normally a shower person, so it took some getting used to getting in and out of the tub. But I find it's totally worth it. I consider it my reward for exercising. The whole time I'm exercising I'm thinking about how good it is going to feel when I get in that tub. And after soaking, I actually feel pretty good.

So, I don't know if it will work for you, but you might want to try it. I admit, I'm highly suggestible. Maybe the improvement in how I feel is just in my mind. Maybe epsom salts are just some sort of placebo.

I just know they seem to work for me.

Replies

• _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Epsom salts are good. I actually use them as a natural treatment for my fish when they get sick.

(Yes, I'm the crazy fish lady. Similar to a crazy cat lady but slightly less sane since they are just fish)
  • mikey3925
    mikey3925 Posts: 35
    Options
    Epsom salts are good. I actually use them as a natural treatment for my fish when they get sick.

(Yes, I'm the crazy fish lady. Similar to a crazy cat lady but slightly less sane since they are just fish)

LOL, well that would explain why my scales are all shiny and clean!

Goodbye ich!