5'11 or taller with large body frame goal weight??

Options
saracatherine89
saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
Hi TALL LADIES!!

I was just wondering if those of you 'larger framed' ladies could share your personal weight loss experiences with me.
I am 6'0 and large framed. I currently weigh about 207 lbs and I honestly don't think I look fat at all. I know I have a long way ahead of me and I'm aiming for 170lbs but I keep changing my goal. I weighed about 170-175 at my thinnest and was called out for being 'anorexic' when I got into the 180s. So for those big boned ladies...what is your goal and current weigh? Sharing pictures would be lovely as well :)

Replies

• spartangirl79
    spartangirl79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hello there! :)

I'm 6' tall currently hovering around the 210-220 mark. I am dying to get down to 175, but I'd be happy with 185 or 190, even. I feel great at 175. I was 165 when I met my husband almost 8 years ago, and I think that's too thin for me to maintain.

I would love to be a size 12-14 again instead of a 16-18... my friends tell me I'm "proportionate" (ugh) and that I don't look fat, but I know I have some rolls and just want to lose a little bit to feel better in my skin.

I have pics on my profile, so feel free to friend me!
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    hey! i'm 5'11, large framed, and started about 240ish and am hovering around 200 right at the moment. :grumble: i was down to 197 a few weeks back... and my first big goal is 190... i have never been that weight as an adult. so i will assess how i feel once i actually get there.:wink: but i could probably stand to get down to 180 but again, ive never weighed that as an adult, so i have no idea. i weighed that as a 17yr old... which TOTALLY doesnt count.:blushing: lol so i dont know how sustainable that would be for me. once i get settled into my new place at the end of the month, im going to do a round of ripped in 30. i like the way my body looks when its stronger, and honestly if i look awesome at 195... then who the hell cares if i ever get "down to" 180 :bigsmile:
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and larger. I started at 270 and was in size 20/22 pants and XL shirts. I'm currently 230 and in size 16/18 pants and L shirts. My goal is to be 170 to 160 and in a size 10 pants and a medium shirt. That's the plan but I've been stuck at 230 for about 3 months or so... It's annoying.
  • paulcer
    paulcer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    6' and med/large frame. 165-175 is great for me.

Good luck!
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi- I'm 5'11" with a large body structure. I started out 215 (size 16), and am down to 185 (size 12) since September. Starting out- my goal was 175, but I have re-evaluated and am aiming for 165 now. I really don't know what that will look like- but I'm looking forward to it!
    There are pictures on my profile of my before and current.
  • Canadyna
    Canadyna Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 6' and currently 209lbs. I started out this journey in December at 235 lbs and joined mfp in March at 232 lbs. My goal is 180 lbs. When I get there I will decide if losing more makes sense for me.
  • teetall
    teetall Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 6ft and 199lbs right now. My goal weight is 160-165. I weighed that when I first got married, didn't have any excess fat and felt so good about myself. Heck right now I'd be happy at 175. I got down to that after my first baby and everyone commented for months how I didn't look like I just had a baby and how skinny I was. I weighed 150-155 before I got married and felt I was too skinny. I literally had no curves. Right now I am 13/14 pants and and only go down to 10/11 at my goal weight because of my hips.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I am 6ft and about 259lb, I want to get down to 170lb in the end. I am trying to get down to 200lb by January. At my lowest weight I was about 185lb I think and I look quite good.
  • ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'11 and currently 210lb. I want to get to 175 as I felt fantastic at that weight, and I am acutally not sure that 10lb either way makes much difference when you feel happy and super confident, which I did round that weight. I have lost 56lb and am feeling pretty good about myself these days and I think it really shows.:smile:
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 ft and am hovering around 210 right now. I'm looking to get down around 180. I don't know if this is realistic, as I've also been weight training, so I may have to go with a slightly higher weight. I'm big boned. My wrist is 21cm/8 inch/ my elbow is 9cm/3.5 inch
  • VanillaBone
    VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I started at 5'10 ,240 with a large frame; when I hit 180 I remeasured and discovered I have a medium frame. Who knew I could carry fat on my wrists? :laugh: Now I'm 160 shooting for 150, although that might be too skinny. I'll see when I get there, I guess.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I started at 5'10 ,240 with a large frame; when I hit 180 I remeasured and discovered I have a medium frame. Who knew I could carry fat on my wrists? :laugh: Now I'm 160 shooting for 150, although that might be too skinny. I'll see when I get there, I guess.

I feel your pain! I was 190 starting out and I just assumed it was muscle and bone. Ah, no. I'm 155 now (give or take a few) and I still feel like I could afford 5 more at 5'11. I guess my wrists were fat too!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1" with a large frame. I started out at 330 so I'm hoping to get under 200.

I will re-evaluate when I get there but I doubt I'll go any lower than 180.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I'm 6'0 with a larger frame and currently weigh 250 lbs (down 52 lbs from January). My first goal is to get down under 200 lbs. According to what I've been researching based on my fat to lean mass ratio, I'm ultimately aiming for 180-185 lbs with a good amount of lean mass.
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    I am 5'11" and currently 309. I am smaller now then when I graduated high school (ummm, awhile ago) and I really can't even imagine me thin. I am doing 50 pounds at a time right now for goals and see me settling in somewhere just under 200. My sister, who is about 5'10", had gastric bypass when she was around 350 and is about 185 now and a size 9/10.
  • Moyzilla
    Moyzilla Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Just a hair under 6' here. I think my "let's see how I feel" goal is 180. That's the weight my license says but we didn't have a scale in the house when I was a kid so I'm not even sure if I weighed that when I was 16! I'm down to around 225-230 from a start of 270. My first goal is just to get under 200 as that would be my lowest adult weight. I'd like to get down to 180 from there than see how I look/feel and reassess.
  • MrzBlessedLady
    MrzBlessedLady Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hello there, I am 6'1 with a large body frame, I have always had I guess more thickness to my body...I guess that's the word? Lol But I actually grew like 3/4 of an inch within the last few years and I really hope that's it lol. According to the BMI chart I should be about 150 I think, but I really just want to be 200lbs or maybe 190. I started at 310, and right now I'm 289.
  • VanillaBone
    VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I wish I could grow! I've actually shrunk about an inch since I was young...:sad:
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I'm 5'11" and my highest weight was around 205-210. I always assumed I had a large frame, but after I started losing weight I discovered it's actually medium! Currently I'm hovering around 165, but my ultimate goal has always been 150. Honestly though, if I can rock a toned body and be proud to strip down at the beach, I don't care what the number on the scale says!
  • tallteacher
    tallteacher Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    There was a great discussion here when this group first opened up: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/388527-large-frame-bmi-probably-applies-to-most-of-us-ttw
    I am 6 feet tall, and according to the article link she posted, I should hit a healthy weight at 200 lbs. Because of the larger frame, all of my weight numbers are adjusted higher by about 20 lbs or so. I was thinking I was going to try and hit 175, but really I think 190 or 195 is a more realistic, reasonable, and healthier goal weight for me.