most painful tat

Options
godroxmysox
godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
Which tat was the most painful? Where is it?

Replies

• delmc1
    delmc1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    my chest killed me ,sat for 4 hours on my back no problem .2hrs on my chest and i had to get him to stop twice .
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Did 6 hours straight (short breaks of course) on my rib cage. No tattoo is "painful" enough to whine about online but the top of the foot was surprisingly tender right at the beginning of the tattoo. And that's a chick spot, too.

Go chicks, I guess.
  • NWdreaming
    NWdreaming Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My chest piece hurt so bad, I couldn't breath while he was doing certain areas, I had to take a breath and hold it. I told him he better finish it because I wasn't coming back for touch ups for a long long time. I sat 4.5 hours. :)

11490831.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Julz2586
    Julz2586 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Yeah foot hurt a bit... more the part closer to the toes... but ribs did hurt quite a lot more then my foot haha!!! but totally worth it!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    My most painful one to date is my spinal one. Outline was fine, initial shading fine - went back for colour and detail. HOLY ****, it HURT. Still nowhere near finished, so I'm dreading the pain. I'm going back on Wednesday. It hurt so much, I nearly cried, I had to keep telling him to stop and I just couldn't relax one bit. Hopefully, I take it better on Wednesday.
  • delmc1
    delmc1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My chest piece hurt so bad, I couldn't breath while he was doing certain areas, I had to take a breath and hold it. I told him he better finish it because I wasn't coming back for touch ups for a long long time. I sat 4.5 hours. :)

11490831.png
    fair play to you ,i have to go back next week and sit tru another 3 hours .
  • NWdreaming
    NWdreaming Posts: 95 Member
    Options

11490831.png
    fair play to you ,i have to go back next week and sit tru another 3 hours .

Just got to power through! Get it done! I can't even imagine going back for more on the chest area. I was thinking about my feet though....
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    None of mine have really "hurt" per se.... There were some uncomfortable spots but not real pain....

I have foot, hip (the hip bone was not comfy), and both of the backs of my legs - top under the butt down to the back of my knees (behind the knees was not comfy)

I'm ready for MORE INK!!!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i was scheduled to get my foot done last month but backed out cause I didnt wanna "waste" my vacation healing it .... so im getting my chest done in a few weeks, I'll report if i cry and for anyone that wonders how the kneecap is its pretty easy
  • inked219
    inked219 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Mine was the 6 hour piece done on my inner bicep. Mostly up by the armpit. Any tattoo that's over 4 or 5 hours is going to be painful just because the skin gets raw after a certain point.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    definitely my ribs, especially right at the top near my chest.

3 1/2 hours of ouchies
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    So far, my chest piece.... sat for 4 hours, and toward the end...yep, it was tender......
  • morninglilli
    morninglilli Posts: 194
    Options
    Oh this one is easy!!!! My armpit!!!! It felt like a rabid cat let loose with a chainsaw!
  • inked219
    inked219 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Oh this one is easy!!!! My armpit!!!! It felt like a rabid cat let loose with a chainsaw!
    Pretty accurate description
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My chest was miserable. I want to get my stomach tattoed. Anyone know how painful that is?
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    to the couple of people that posted that their 6 hour pieces hurt, i hear this!

my leg took 6 hours and is still not done.

i had to stop because the pain became too intense, my leg started twitched and the pain was shooting up and down my whole leg. i left the appointment so tense and i was exhausted from it. i did it right before my birthday party. had a couple drinks at the party and passed right out lol
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    My spinal one isn't even finished. I've had about four sessions so far, and another one booked for Monday. The pain is so awful, I am dreading it :noway:
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Definitely foot, no question. Haven't even got it finished yet, I've had an hour on it and I'm due at least another 90 mins but I'm too chicken!
    My chest so far was a breeze, my back was pretty bad though, especially around the spine.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    My spinal one isn't even finished. I've had about four sessions so far, and another one booked for Monday. The pain is so awful, I am dreading it :noway:

how long are your sessions though? you can easily do hour sessions, but some artists are comfortable (and the client has to be too) to drill through for hours on end. i was surprised when i racked up 6 in one sitting.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

how long are your sessions though? you can easily do hour sessions, but some artists are comfortable (and the client has to be too) to drill through for hours on end. i was surprised when i racked up 6 in one sitting.

About two-three hours, I THINK. I'm not sure.