Fatigue

Options
Jazzyjules71
Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
Hey everyone ,

I was wondering who here has a lot of fatigue issues. And what doesn't feel like to you? Does it come suddenly and go suddenly? What triggers it? Has your exercise/weight loss journey affected it?

What do you do to combat it?

I woke up this morning and felt like my body was really heavy from head to toe, like I was moving in slow motion and my extremities were weighted down. My mind was foggy, and I couldn't think straight. I was so tired. That was after 8 hours of sleep. I called in sick to work, slept 4 more hours and didn't feel any better. Then this afternoon slept 2 more hours and feel minimally better. I don't know if I'm on the edge of an exacerbation or what, but this is on the bad end of the fatigue spectrum for me.

Any comments?

Thanks,
Julie

Replies

• Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My fatitgue issues seem different than many of my MS friends. My body gets physically tired yet I have insommnia, can't sleep even with sleep meds. Makes some days harder than others but I have been dealing with it for years so I just keep going ;)
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have had fatigue like you describe maybe twice since I was diagnosed in 2008. Most of the time it is just a the feeling of exhaustion that hits around 8 pm every night - I have been known to just fall asleep where I'm sitting. I try and get a minimum of 9 hours of sleep every night - on the rare occassions when I can't do this I get really tired and cranky and the mind doesn't function as quickly as it should.

I can't imagine having insomnia. The only time I have not slept through the night was when my babies weren't. :noway:

I don't really do anything other than make sure I'm home in the evenings and if I know I will be out late then I try and rest earlier in the day.