June

Options
lunamare
lunamare Posts: 569 Member
Well, June is just around the corner. What's everyone got going on this month? I find if I plan things out in advance I can try to do better than if I just wing it.

My cousin's wedding is this weekend in Maine. It should be beautiful. Staying in a condo w/ my parents, but it should be a fun time. We've got a family birthday party on Sunday we're not thrilled about going to, but we'll go.

DH is a teacher and DD is finishing 4th grade this month. That makes for alot of events and reorganizing of schedules. After that I typically change my work hours from 9 - 5:30 to 7 - 3:30. I love my summer hours. It gives me all afternoon to do things.

Not June, but my friend's wedding is in July and it's going to be taped for TV. This is a major motivation for me. I hate pictures of myself. I can only imagine how I look on video. Uck.

My plan for June is to try to work out when I can. If it's a walk at work it's a good thing. If it's an hour at the gym or a class - great. I'm not going to beat myself up if I can't get it in, I'm just going to try to do better the next day.

Stress does a number on my digestive system, so, I'm stocking up on my Lean 15 powder, frozen fruit and almond milk. Lately I've been living on those shakes at work and eating "real" food once I get home with the family. I'm really going to work on eating healthy and making the family eat healthy this month. The Chinese take-out last night (and left overs tonight) is not helping matters.

Replies

• LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    This month, my ban from the gym is being lifted (Monday as a matter of fact:drinker: ) so I'm going back. Having the great interior debate on doubling up my schedule to try and "make up" those missed days, but not sure if this is a good idea or not.

Both older children finish up school for the year towards the end of the month. Going to try and stock up groceries before it happens so hopefully we will not starve fighting their ravenous appetites.

Husband FINALLY comes home at the end of the month (4-8 days after the children get out of school) trying to prepare and mentally adjust for the after effects of nearly a year apart and the demands family and friends will try to make on his time. I LOVE playing "bouncer" until he's ready to face them :wink:

Waiting to see if the bank okays the sale of our house (not sure if that will happen this month or not)

That's about it for the month so far as I know :ohwell:
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm having surgery on June 15th so the beginning of the month is mostly preparations. I'm trying to lose a few more pounds before the procedure, I have a lot of things to tie up at work, and I have to make sure I have enough food and stuff for the 2 weeks after while I'm in bed recovering. That's pretty much going to kill my June. :cry:
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm having surgery on June 15th so the beginning of the month is mostly preparations. I'm trying to lose a few more pounds before the procedure, I have a lot of things to tie up at work, and I have to make sure I have enough food and stuff for the 2 weeks after while I'm in bed recovering. That's pretty much going to kill my June. :cry:

Speedy recovery and positive thoughts coming your way!:flowerforyou:
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to get back on track since have not been to the gym since the beginning of May. Have been working on a study at work and been doing 8-12 hour days 7 days a week since Mother's Day weekend. Hvae not stepped on a scale in over two weeks because of how insane my eating has been (not really bad food, just no regular eating pattern for example I had days that I would have two protein shakes and two oranges all day then go home and have supper and it would be bigger than normal because I was so hungry.)

I will be going to New Mexico next week for a training class so that will affect my back on track plan (hopefully not by too much) because it will require eating out more than usual and will be on the treadmill at the hotel instead of doing my gym classes.

Looking forward to getting back on track (who knows, maybe this little break will give me a jumpstart...
  • MarieKae45
    MarieKae45 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Hi to you all. June is a big month for me. I've been mainly MIA since mid march and doing my best to hold on to my loss, so far so good.

Work just cleared up and while my load with be bigger it will be overall less stressful! May 20th I married my Brother off in the MOST beautiful wedding but I was exhausted!!! So for the last 2 weeks it's been all Me time all the time.

I've gotten back in the habit of cooking and am 3 weeks in for packing lunches for work, it's amazing how much easier it comes after a couple weeks. I hit 213 the other morning but I forgot about weighing this morning. I'm looking forward in watching the scale start moving again. I am soooo grateful that I haven't gained any of my old weight back, strangely I've continued to lose inches while the scale not huge but definitely showing.

I look forward to weigh in next monday and I'm shooting for less than 212.8!! :drinker: