Harumph :o(

Options
Whisperinghorse
Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
:grumble: Ok I'm not a happy bunny...

In Blighty Summer has arrived its warm and lovely we have a long weekend for the Queens diamond jubilee so should mean lots of biking and horse time ..... BUT someone decided to knock my bike over yesterday in our office car park. :explode: :explode: :explode:

luckily he's given me his details and accepted liablilty - not a word of sorry though :angry:

My poor Fazer has suffered approx £2000 worth of damage at least and hopefully it wont be an insurnace write off :mad:

My insurance company have been brilliant and are delivering a hire bike to me this afternoon sometime, but its not *my* bike :sad:

I'm going to the garage tomorrow to see it....:cry:

Replies

• tabngillysmom
    tabngillysmom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear that! What an awful thing to happen and just before a long weekend. I know how you feel. I injured myself with a Grade III hamstring pull the day after I picked up my new bike. Could not ride it the first 4 weeks I had it!

On the bright side, at least he didn't just take off and not accept the responsibility. I hope that your bike is fixable and that you have your baby back soon!

Try and enjoy your long weekend! :smile:
  • Whisperinghorse
    Options
    Thanks..... My poor bike though :sad:

I'm going to see it later give it a cuddle....
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    BUMMER! Hugs.
  • princessquitealot
    princessquitealot Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    take some baby pictures to help you get through this...so sorry to hear about your bike.
  • Whisperinghorse
    Options
    So I went and gave it a cuddle.... The garage did an estimate, but missed out the damage on the tailpiece, centre and side stands...:grumble:

I have a hire bike..... BUT its a 1250 Bandit which is like sitting on a saggy water bed.... At least I have a bike, but its not *my* bike... I just the bits dont have to come from Japan!!

And another thing? Although its not my fault and my insurance isnt paying out for a single thing? My premium has now gone up by about £40... Cheers.:angry:
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Is your bike OK again? Hope you had a lot of fun rides with it during the summer.