Gyms on Base/Post

Options
2»

Replies

• kg4ulu
    kg4ulu Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    In San Diego, my friend and I used the Miramar Marine Corp base gyms. We found out after our first spin class that personal trainers were offered for free to military dependents. No one paid any bit of attention to us to make us feel intimidated. If anything, if someone saw us doing something incorrect, they'd help us. Remember that a lot of these military guys/girls have been working out for many years and have to be fit. They don't care that you are there to workout. They are there to improve themselves just like you. The classes were awesome too!

I am now in Connecticut and I have only been to the base gym here 3 times. It just isn't the same without my workout buddy and the classes offered weren't when my scheduled allowed time. So I got a membership to Planet Fitness which is a great gym but with no classes. My job also reimburses gym memberships. I no longer go there as I pretty much have my own gym and prefer to stay at home. Trekking to the gym at 5 am when it 17 degrees in the winter is not something enjoy :).

Both types of gyms have their pros. You just have to find which one suits your needs the best. If I were back in SD, you better believe I'd be back at the base.

Hope this helps :)
    Kimberly
  • bitesizesnix
    Options
    I know this is an old thread, but you wouldn't happen to still be here, would you?
  • overit75
    overit75 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am still here :)
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm still here, obviously busy and never checking message boards, but I'm here :)