Wrap-up: Top Losers, total group loss, new group?

Options
captainlindarg
captainlindarg Posts: 229 Member
Congratulations team! You made it! We had some major losses for the group, and you should all be proud of yourselves! And even if you didn't lose (like myself :sad:), remember that if you're here reading this you're on the right track! The dedication to own up to your setbacks and get back on the right path is amazing, and a lot of people don't even have that -- so don't give up! It's been a pleasure running this group, and though the entire last month or so has derailed me I loved seeing you guys succeed!

I'll be posting a list of the Top Ten Losers and our total loss as a group (right now it stands at over 300 lbs!!!!!!) in our group when I get more weights in, so keep an eye out!

Also, I'm thinking of starting another group. I'm definitely not where I'd like to be and I really need motivation to get back on track. Would anyone be interested in that? I'm open to suggestions! I need a name, a time period, how often the weigh-ins will happen (once a week seems to work out well I think), team challenges, etc. Off the top of my head I'm thinking the challenge will last all summer long, have weekly weigh-ins as well as challenges, and I'd love one or two people to co-moderate with me! Let me know what you guys think :)

[EDIT] Here are the standings as of right now as far as top losers. I chose not to include anyone who has been inactive for two weeks or longer, because it didn't really seem fair.

1. Drizzt_d99 - 22.66%
2. afrazier02 - 13.11%
3. Mar0414 - 11.54%
4. fypspirit - 7.48%
5. Teshablue82 - 7.40%
6. marshmallow86 - 5.77%
7. j6l3a1m3 -4.35%
8. sonyachan - 4.08%
9. SlickDaddyCool - 3.50%
10. sherrirb - 2.88%

Total group loss: 329.9 lbs

Replies

• sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I'm in for another round!

Slimmin Summer Slam! or Summer Slimmer!

Ok.. very corney but it was the first thing off the top of my head. LOL

Teams would be fantastic, but as I know from my own group it can be hectic sometimes to keep up with. I've got lots of challenge ideas to share too.
    Taste the Rainbow - goal is to eat the colors of the rainbow in fruits and veggies in one day: Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet. Purpose is the deeper the color, generally the more beneficial it is for your body, nutrients, anti-oxidants, etc.

Walk/Run/Skate/Swim a certain distance on a given day. I started with 1 mile and have worked up to 3 miles on some of these.

New exercises to help people with problematic areas - flabby under-arms, abs work, leg work, bi/tri workouts - these are different exercises than what many are already doing.

I wouldnt mind helping out with moderating if you dont have anyone else offering to help.

Thanks so much Linda, you rock!
  • cam_l20
    cam_l20 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely up for another round!
  • captainlindarg
    Options
    I'm in for another round!

Slimmin Summer Slam! or Summer Slimmer!

Ok.. very corney but it was the first thing off the top of my head. LOL

Teams would be fantastic, but as I know from my own group it can be hectic sometimes to keep up with. I've got lots of challenge ideas to share too.
    Taste the Rainbow - goal is to eat the colors of the rainbow in fruits and veggies in one day: Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet. Purpose is the deeper the color, generally the more beneficial it is for your body, nutrients, anti-oxidants, etc.

Walk/Run/Skate/Swim a certain distance on a given day. I started with 1 mile and have worked up to 3 miles on some of these.

New exercises to help people with problematic areas - flabby under-arms, abs work, leg work, bi/tri workouts - these are different exercises than what many are already doing.

I wouldnt mind helping out with moderating if you dont have anyone else offering to help.

Thanks so much Linda, you rock!

So how do teams work exactly? What happens if one or more of the teammates go MIA?
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options

So how do teams work exactly? What happens if one or more of the teammates go MIA?

It happens and it is inevitable. Now, as we are several weeks into it, I've been dropping anyone who is inactive 3 or more weeks. New people keep coming in (I dont have a cut off for adding new people) and I just even out the teams that way.

Our challenge has been going on for almost 2 and a half months now. But you can set up teams to last a week, or a month, however long it would take to reach a goal you set. We are traveling around the world. Every 10 cals you burn is worth 1 mile. The teams have just hit the half way point.

To make it easier on you, you could have the teams select a Team Captain that does the basic progress reporting to you, depending on what kind of goals you have going on.
  • afrazier02
    afrazier02 Posts: 39
    Options
    Im so in, Let me know how I can Help?:happy:
  • captainlindarg
    Options
    Ok, I set up the group for the new group. It's 12 weeks, starting tomorrow (I figured Monday was a good day to weigh in to keep us motivated over the weekend) and here's the breakdown of the weeks:

Week 1 - 6/4-10
    Week 2 - 6/11-17
    Week 3 - 6/18-24
    Week 4 - 6/25-7/1
    Week 5 - 7/2-8
    Week 6 - 7/9-15
    Week 7 - 7/16-22
    Week 8 - 7/23-29
    Week 9 - 7/30-8/4
    Week 10 - 8/5-11
    Week 11 - 8/12-18
    Week 12 - 8/19-25

All summer long baby!

Any volunteers for co-running this thing shoot me a message! Otherwise, join the Summer Slimdown Challenge!
  • irsleepy2
    irsleepy2 Posts: 47
    Options
    I'd be interested in joining, if its not too late (& if it is, I totally understand). I haven't done well the past couple of months, but I don't want to give up, and your post inspired me :)

On Monday I was 145.6
  • fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Linda I didn't see this if you start another one let me know I love being in these groups but didn't see this post till tonight! Would love to have been in it.