So how far did you run in May?

Options

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    249 in May. It's a little down from previous months because I introduced speedwork and had to reduce some of my weekday runs and I was fighting a case of plantar fasciitis the first half of the month.
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    You know, in all my years of running I've never added up my monthly mileage before. Just did it - I ran 134.6 miles in May. Marathon training! I'm tapering now....I'm running Grandma's Marathon in Duluth, MN....2 weeks from tomorrow!!

ooooo - what pace you shooting for?

I'll be driving up day of as I have a ton of peeps running that and the half (including my DH). I'll be running back from the DEC to about lemondrop to start running people in for a bit
  • trout3063
    trout3063 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    97....Training for the hood to coast in August so next month I'm shooting for 140. Whoa!

I came here to post cause Elizabeth's on my friend string and so I saw she started it...didn't realize it was from a "long distance" runners group. I have never considered myself a long distance runner! I only recently allowed myself to to "call" myself a "runner" at ALL! This is blowing my mind right now...especially since I actually hung with a large group of you!

Mind. is. blown.
  • MellyLikestoRun
    MellyLikestoRun Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    90 miles in May. I'm pretty happy with that. :)
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    70.5 miles -- I was recovering post-half at the beginning of the month, plus I skipped a long run to try to rest my shins, which were feeling a bit "splinty." (Happy to say that the sacrifice was worth it, because they're feeling great since that little break!)
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    You know, in all my years of running I've never added up my monthly mileage before. Just did it - I ran 134.6 miles in May. Marathon training! I'm tapering now....I'm running Grandma's Marathon in Duluth, MN....2 weeks from tomorrow!!

ooooo - what pace you shooting for?

I'll be driving up day of as I have a ton of peeps running that and the half (including my DH). I'll be running back from the DEC to about lemondrop to start running people in for a bit

Well, my current PR is 4:04 so my main goal is under 4 hours but I'm probably going to aim for somewhere in the 3:45-3:50 range. I don't know for sure how fast to push, I'm in MUCH better shape than I was 1-1.5 years ago. My old (1.5 years ago) 1/2 marathon PR was 1:59 and about 6-7 weeks ago (the end of April) I ran a 1:43 half and felt fantastic the whole time. In fact when I was done with the 1/2 I grabbed a drink of water, then turned around and walked about a mile back out on the course until I found my mom who was also running the 1/2 and turned around and ran the last mile back in with her. :)

I want to run a smart marathon and not burn out at the end but I also want to push myself to do the best I can. Marathon pacing is hard, I think! Start too fast and pay dearly later....been there and it's not pretty. But I don't want to go too slow and run under my potential either.
  • DianaBall
    DianaBall Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I ran 70 miles and I am happy with that since I am just getting back from having plantar fasciatis. Not really training for anything for a while.
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    Only showing 52 for May. Looks like I better get busy in June.
  • brandyk77
    Options

Well, my current PR is 4:04 so my main goal is under 4 hours but I'm probably going to aim for somewhere in the 3:45-3:50 range. I don't know for sure how fast to push, I'm in MUCH better shape than I was 1-1.5 years ago. My old (1.5 years ago) 1/2 marathon PR was 1:59 and about 6-7 weeks ago (the end of April) I ran a 1:43 half and felt fantastic the whole time. In fact when I was done with the 1/2 I grabbed a drink of water, then turned around and walked about a mile back out on the course until I found my mom who was also running the 1/2 and turned around and ran the last mile back in with her. :)

I want to run a smart marathon and not burn out at the end but I also want to push myself to do the best I can. Marathon pacing is hard, I think! Start too fast and pay dearly later....been there and it's not pretty. But I don't want to go too slow and run under my potential either.

I just did a 1:42:27 half and did my marathon in 3:36:33.....so you might be a bit faster than you thinking. Of course, keeping it conservative is a good idea the first half. I went through 10 miles at 1:25 and the half at 1:50 and change.

Feel free to pm me your outfit etc and I'll be sure to look out for ya and cheer ya on. I am thinking about being at the base of Lemon drop and running with peeps for a mile or so and then coming back for the next person.
  • ludgerclay
    ludgerclay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    169 miles for May.
  • ebaymommy
    Options

I just did a 1:42:27 half and did my marathon in 3:36:33.....so you might be a bit faster than you thinking. Of course, keeping it conservative is a good idea the first half. I went through 10 miles at 1:25 and the half at 1:50 and change.

Feel free to pm me your outfit etc and I'll be sure to look out for ya and cheer ya on. I am thinking about being at the base of Lemon drop and running with peeps for a mile or so and then coming back for the next person.

Wow, you ran a great marathon! I will probably start out with the 3:45 pace group and see how that feels. Actually I'm not much for running with a pace group but I like to see if I can keep them in my sights.

I have my race number on my postcard and weather will somewhat dictate my clothing choices, but assuming good conditions probably a gray tank top, black shorts and black under armour cap. :) I'll message you when it gets closer....would be cool to meet a fellow MFPer in real life! Plus my hubby & kids aren't coming to the race, so I won't have any fans to cheer me on.
  • brandyk77
    Options

I have my race number on my postcard and weather will somewhat dictate my clothing choices, but assuming good conditions probably a gray tank top, black shorts and black under armour cap. :) I'll message you when it gets closer....would be cool to meet a fellow MFPer in real life! Plus my hubby & kids aren't coming to the race, so I won't have any fans to cheer me on.

Sounds like a plan. I'll let you know my final info as well. I will more than likely be wearing my team singlet which is very distinctive. I'll send you a pic.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    221 for me - a little on the low side
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    62 miles. Marathon training starts this month, so my mileage will be higher. I'm also participating in the Runner's World Run Streak, so that will add on a mile a day.
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    93 km - pretty good for me but aiming to break 100 km for June
  • danabrash
    danabrash Posts: 67
    Options
    113 miles for me; it's the most I've ever run in a month.
    I'm running my first full marathon a week from today, so in my taper week and enjoying the eating. :)
    My goal is to complete in under 4:00, but we'll see. My PR for a 1/2 is 1:50 right now.
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Only 117. Pretty bad for me.
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Joined this a while back but never posted monthly mileage before, 156 this month. Up for me as I am training for a marathon this fall.
  • ebaymommy
    Options
    113 miles for me; it's the most I've ever run in a month.
    I'm running my first full marathon a week from today, so in my taper week and enjoying the eating. :)
    My goal is to complete in under 4:00, but we'll see. My PR for a 1/2 is 1:50 right now.

Good luck to you next weekend! What marathon are you running?
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    262.31 miles.