anyone have advice on gettin grid of belly after baby?

Options
emmamc252
emmamc252 Posts: 56 Member
I'm 10 months post-partum now, DD was 9 lb 6 and I had a lot of problems during the pregnancy which meant I was on bed rest for about 3 1/2 months so the weight piled on me and I was just so out of shape by the time she arrived! The birth didn't end a lot better, I couldn't even walk for about 6 weeks after and took about 6 months before I could get back into a gym.
thankfully I am back to the weight I was before getting pregnant (although still hoping to lose another 7-10lb) I am 5'8 and currently weigh 139lbs, roughly a uk size 10 which for my height I am happy with.
In a dress I look great, love my arms, my legs, BUT my belly is a mess! If I wear jeans or a skirt with any waistband (which is pretty much every pair of jeans or skirt!) I get a little like flabby bit hanging over! Its horrible! I am having to wear tummy holding in vests every day.
Its not really "fat" I think its more just the skin and just, I don't even know! I'm not fat, I don't want to look fat and its making me really unhappy with the way I look.
I'm sure its not as bad as what I think but it is really bothering me! I don't think losing more weight will really helo, it might a bit so I will keep going to my goal weight (130lb) to see how it is then but does anyone have any tips?
I'm doing pilates and doing the 6 minute ab thing every day, but its not really making any difference.

Replies

• chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It takes a while for the skin to regain it's elaticity!!! I have 5 kids, and I have come to the realization it won't ever be like it was before kids, but it does get better. My youngest is 2 and I am happy with the way my belly looks right now. Not too flabby. I suggest to keep doing what you are doing. The belly bands etc that hold the belly in where it should be are the best bet to helping the skin shrink the fastest! Good luck!