June 1st start!!!

Options
chichi128
chichi128 Posts: 83 Member
So i woke up early this am feeling pretty excited it was a new month and new beginnings!! i did my 30ds video then headed to the gym where i started day 1 of c25k!! i honestly have to say it wasnt as bad as i thought it was going to be and i actually enjoyed it. its just enough time where i can mentally handle it and stick with it! i didnt do the 5 minute warm up since i already did the 30ds so i jumped right into only instead of jogging first i walked for 90 seconds then started jogging and opted for the the 4 minute cool down

My total for this am was....

20 mins =1.14 miles
24mins (4 min cooldown) =1.31 miles

i know i have a long way to go for that 3 mile mark but honestly i'm pretty excited that i was able to even do it without feeling like i was going to die lol

i plan on doing it during the week..maybe shoot for monday wednesday fridays. if not maybe one weekend day...we'll see how it goes.

best of luck everyone!!!

Replies

• CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Great job!
    I plan on starting it tomorrow when I have a day off of work. I will make sure to track my progress on here.
  • ajacobs2012
    ajacobs2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just did week 2 day 1! I'm gonna have to say I'm quickly becomming addicted (again!). I downloaded the podrunner intraval mix by djbeatsmith on itunes and it is so nice not to have to pay attention to the time and just transition to walking/jogging by listening for the tone during the music.

I hope you are all finding the C25K fun! WE CAN DO THIS!!
  • chichi128
    Options
    Just did week 2 day 1! I'm gonna have to say I'm quickly becomming addicted (again!). I downloaded the podrunner intraval mix by djbeatsmith on itunes and it is so nice not to have to pay attention to the time and just transition to walking/jogging by listening for the tone during the music.

I hope you are all finding the C25K fun! WE CAN DO THIS!!

thats such a good idea!! i've only done one day of c25k (tonight will be day 2) and i have to say i'm looking forward to it!
  • Nlynn78
    Nlynn78 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Did day 1 on friday...day 2 today....I forgot how much I really do enjoy jogging. i am not good at it, but someday I will be. :)
  • chichi128
    Options
    Day 2 done!

my stats were the same as my first day.. 1.14 miles in 20 mins

really do enjoy this..need to get some new music into my ipod and i know i'll like it even more! have been doing it without any music ..minus gym music and that just sucks
  • CivicSista
    Options
    Great job again. Still need to get my butt moving and start. I wish I worked normal hours, but I work in a bar and its hard for me to get up early when the sun isn't so hot out.
  • ajacobs2012
    ajacobs2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Week 2 is done! On to week 3 for me! :)

How is everyone else doing?
  • mamabird07
    mamabird07 Posts: 18
    Options
    Today was going to be day 3 of week 2 for me. The 2nd interval of running felt good so I decided to rollwith it and ran for a stretch of 10 1/2 minutes straight. It felt surprisingly good. Starting week 3 on Tuesday.
  • CivicSista
    Options
    Week one day one done. Love how I feel after I'm done- such an accomplishment.
  • TheNatKitchen
    TheNatKitchen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 1 complete! I feel great, though humbled. And it is ridiculous how sweaty I am!
  • CivicSista
    Options
    Great job. Looks like we both started on the same day.

I hope I can stick with it.
  • mamabird07
    mamabird07 Posts: 18
    Options
    Started week 3 today. I went in the evening and had less energy. But I did ot and feel good now. Back to mornings an Friday.
  • chichi128
    Options
    going to try and start week 2 tomorrow morning. i have no motivation after a long day at work! best of luck to everyone
  • CivicSista
    Options
    Today was my week 1, day 2.

One my run today I stopped and some some manatees in the water and some cute little ducks. So nice to run along the river, it is getting hot in FL and the breeze off it is somewhat cool. I also jumped into the pool when I got home from my run which felt amzing after being so sweaty. 85 and humid today.

Week One
    Day One: 28 Minutes, 2.12 Miles
    Day Two: 35 Minutes, 2.33 Miles
  • CivicSista
    Options
    Today was my week 1, day 3.

Week One
    Day One: 28 Minutes, 2.12 Miles
    Day Two: 35 Minutes, 2.33 Miles
    Day Three: 32 Minutes, 2.33 Miles
  • Nlynn78
    Nlynn78 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well, I tried...I didn't do well at all, only went walking/jogging 3 times. The month is nearly over (an hour or so...LOL) and while I won't deem this a failure, it surely wasn't a success. Going to start again tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well! Keep up the good work!!!

~Nikki
  • SunshineDieter
    Options
    I know I'm exactly a month late, but I was so excited when I finished my first C25K an hour ago, and I'm really happy to have found a recent group of MFPers doing it as well! :-)

Although I'd done 12 minutes power walking to get to the gym, I did the 5 minute brisk walk warm up anyway, then intervals of 90 second power walking and 30 second jogging (for 20 minutes), followed by 5 minute moderate speed walk to finish.

I really didn't expect to be so hot, but I was dripping with sweat!

Super excited to do it all again! :-D
  • CivicSista
    Options
    Great job.

I have to put all workouts aside- I sprained my ankle last week :(