Hello I'm new this week!

Options
empressichel
empressichel Posts: 730 Member
Hey everybody
My brother recommended this app for me and I think it's great so far ( just used for 4 days! )
Would love some support from the community as I've never had weight to lose before!
Lots of things happened in a short space of time about 3 yrs ago -decided not to emigrate to Barbados ( crazy I know! ) bought our first home, lost my best friend mum after a very quick 6 weeks finding she had cancer, had my 4th child ( a girl after 3 boys! ) and took over total ownership and management of my company with my brother - and hey ho, somehow I am know about 6 stone heavier! How did that happen?
Any encouagement or advice for me would be appreciated

Replies

• tolullah
    tolullah Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi dear just joined too! Wow that sounds like an awful lot to cope with....basically you've been ignoring your own needs and getting caught in the hustle and bustle....I've also fallen off the wagon but run a beauty business so u can imagine people can be quite unforgiving if u don't look perfect. Anyway u must be serious as you've signed up here and it always helps when u know ur being watched and ur progress is being measured and tracked. What changes have u made to ur lifestyle and diet then Hun? I've joined a gym and been introduced to interval training which am finding makes the treadmill much less boring! Lol but it's hard! No dairy and no alcohol at the moment...no carbs after 5pm and plenty of fish / tuna in my diet. Anyway let me know how you get on and feel free to add me as a friend...have none yet:smile:
    Tolullah
    X
  • empressichel
    Options
    You so speak the truth! Thanks for the support, I would love to add you as a friend so we can travel the journey together:smile: I hate being judged for being overweight, who says what is perfect anyway? I have really got back into the exercise this week-when the children are in bed I'm straight on the exercise bike! Trying to eat less carbs, and just tracking everything you eat makes you more mindful. Going to have my first weigh in tomorrow so wish me luck! You sound like you are being very strong and determined, do you have a particular goal or inspiration?
  • AstyPasty
    AstyPasty Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Heck you've had a tough time of it, it's hardly surprising that you've found the extra weight has sneaked up on you.

I've been here for a couple of weeks now and it's really motivating me, it's great to have so many new 'friends' who are encouraging and understanding. Feel free to add me as a friend and good luck with your weight loss.
  • tolullah
    Options
    Well my immediate inspiration is that I have a date next week Thursday and want to wear a particular dress for it! Lol also find it helps me feel confident when I have been more careful with my diet prior to something like that! Another goal is my holiday in Spain in August....want to actually feel nice in a swimsuit! Then further afield just want to enjoy my wardrobe more and wear my old jeans without having to do the some serious acrobatics on my bedroom floor!looooooool! How about you? What are your goals? Btw how did you manage to walk for 150 mins without getting bored?? Assume it was treadmill....were u watching t.v.?? X
  • tolullah
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with urs too! Will add you x
  • empressichel
    Options
    Walking wasn't all in one chunk! My boys do 2.5 hrs of taekwondo every sat morning, so I use the time to walk around town,go window shopping etc rather than just sit in the cafe.