Coming out

Options
2»

Replies

• LemonSnap
    LemonSnap Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You say you are bisexual and that you are in a long distance relationship with a girl. Is this an online relationship by any chance? Have you physically met your girlfriend? (don't jump on me everyone.... I met my partner of 14 years online - yes there WAS an Internet back then). If not, I suggest you wait until you are sure that a same sex relationship is what you truly want. If you are still in secondary school this may just be part of the natural exploration we all do, or should, go through. You may forget all about it later, just as you will have forgotten about the relationships you have with boys during this period But others won't. As one of my friends said when I first came out - "this is BIG!! - as she went off to blab to everyone about it.

That said, in my secondary school days the possibility of me being a lesbian was entirely 'out of the question'. All those crushes were me just wanting to really, really be friends those girls. I didn't 'get it'. As a result I didn't come out until I was nearly 40: by which time I found myself in the position of needing to come out to my children. Now that IS interesting.......
  • AFreeheart
    AFreeheart Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I met my partner of 14 years online - yes there WAS an Internet back then). children. Now that IS interesting.......

I met my partner online fourteen years ago too.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I met my partner of 14 years online - yes there WAS an Internet back then). children. Now that IS interesting.......

I met my partner online fourteen years ago too.
    I met my husband online via Gaydar 5½ yrs ago, but had previously met my ex online (CompuServe) more than 11yrs prior, i.e. 16 years ago.

As the Web's been around since early 1991 and CompuServe was around about the same time, I'm sure we weren't the first web-couple - we knew others too - but nowadays, I'd say it's probably one of the more common ways of meeting and interacting with others, especially if you don't have a large social network in real life.
  • sillysnowy
    Options
    Awwww thats so sweet how you and your GF have a long distance thing going :) kinda funny cuz

im in the same boat but the roles are changed around lol im waiting for my boyfriend to tell his mom he

is dating me. But like I told him if yall are stilling under the same roof maybe not say anything right away.

No need to rock the boat when there isnt anything wrong hehe, but if it is bothering you and you feeling strongly

enough about it then go for it , plus your the only one who knows how close of a connection you and your parents have so yups :D