Summer sucks!

Options
Rachel507
Rachel507 Posts: 26 Member
Anyone else finding it harder to stay on track when the warm temps come rolling in? More outdoor barbecues, birthday parties, drinks out on the patio..etc etc. It always seems like January through April I always do good but then good ole May comes around and BAM! Back to the old habits. Yeah I'm proud that Ive lost 45 lbs since Jan, but for the last month Ive been "maintaining" at 336. Really? 336? Not a weight I want to maintain at all! lol Soooo, if anybody has any good ideas to help during summertime that has worked for them in the past I'm all ears!!! I'm off to a pool party now, and hopefully I can stick to the fresh fruit platters and such or swim laps around 15 screaming children. Gotta love summer!

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Summer is my most active time... or was before... mountain biking, hiking, camping, canoeing, kayaking, caving (spelunking) swimming, fishing and being active like that I wasn't just seated around parties with trays full of food to nibble at, I'd have what I had or we'd stop at various small stores during our trips but i was certainly burning off whatever we were eating as snacks on the trips.
    Now... we're 3 days into June I haven't done any of that stuff yet and the scale says I'm not getting anywhere, that's frustrating.. but maybe I should get off here for a bit and go for a walk.
  • Kamalalue
    Kamalalue Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Rachel - You are never going to believe this, but I have been stuck at the exact same weight for a month!! Damn, 336 lbs !!!!

Hang in there and keep doing what you know is right and the rest will follow.

Katie
  • Rachel507
    Rachel507 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Katie that is hilarious!!! What is it about 336? We need to stop letting our minds get the better of us i guess. my goal for the month of June is to be down to 326. I need to get out of these 330s!!! Thanks for the support dear!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Heck i was glad to see 337 on the scale today, not an actual weigh in though as that was at the end of the day... but that's 8 lbs down from 10 days ago so .... something about summer is working for me....
  • tikki2782
    tikki2782 Posts: 4
    Options
    I was having the same problem. In fact, thanks to my husband who can eat all day and not gain any weight, I gained back about 10 lbs from all the grilling. The hardest part about parties is you cannot control what food is there. However, as for my own home I have found some awesome easy grilling recipes at skinnytaste.com. I love the grilled potato fries with lemon pepper Tilapia. I substituted the oil with butter flavored nonstick cooking spray to cut down a little more on the calories. I can have 2 pieces of fish with a side of potatoes fries for around 350 calories.

Another tip someone gave me when going to parties is to eat foods with high water content like watermelon and cantaloupe before you eat any other food. It fills you up so when you do eat something not so healthy your not tempted to eat too much of it.